“Please put some signs up!”
Review of The Puzzling Place

The Puzzling Place
Ranked #19 of 50 things to do in Keswick
More attraction details
Owner description: A unique exhibition based on optical illusion. Witness balls rolling uphill in the antigravity room, visibly grow and shrink in the Ames room and be amazed by our interactive optical illusion exhibits, artwork and sculptures, as well as the hologram gallery!
Reviewed September 10, 2018

We really like the Puzzling Place and visit whenever we're in the area. It's really fascinating and fun, great for those rainy afternoons when you're all hiked out. But they REALLY need to put a sign at the end of the street so people can find them!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"photo opportunities"
"entry fee"

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a cracking little place to go and spend half an hour in amazement. The anti-gravity room is fantastic and all for under £4. If you're in the area and have a little time to kill, this place is perfect.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

As long as you are able bodied enough to climb the stairs to get in, you will find a vast array of conundrums to work through. My brain was well and truly scrambled by the time we had worked out all the puzzling problems and we had a good laugh at the funny pictures we were able to take of each other. Be careful in the mishappen room, I thought this would be fine, but as soon as I tried to walk up the slope, I felt really ill and as I turned to come out, I was flung against the bottom wall, not sure what happens in there, but I felt disoriented for a while afterwards, weird! But definitely worth a visit

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Some interesting things in here. The kids liked the room that’s on a tilt and the room the can change the perspective of people.
Like I say, it’s ok for an hour or so and it’s quite cheap to get in.

Would I visit again?
Only if the kids pestered me!