“Great atmosphere great coffee and cakes”
Review of Temporary Measure - CLOSED

Temporary Measure
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Purveyors of Bespoke Curios, fancy cakes and a lovely cup of tea
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We enjoyed a coffee and cake here after a long day on the hills. The setting is warm and quirky and there was a great range of homemade cakes. We very much enjoyed our coffees and sticky toffee cake with salted caramel topping. A great little place for afternoon tea and chilling out.

2  Thank yorktraveller16
temporarymeasure, Owner at Temporary Measure, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

thanks so much for taking time to write such a nice review, and hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

FANTASTIC!!! This is the second time I have been here (my mum made me make a special trip to Keswick just to come here!) We love it, very quaint and quirky! My mum particularly loves the vintage teacups and saucers, the ambiance of the pace is so serene - just what we needed on our first trip (in October 2012) when the rain was lashing down and the streets outside were still bussling with market being on! Our recent trip was on 11/03/2013 I had the sticky toffee cake and mum had carrot cake - both devine and homemade, and obviously tea for two! The lady and gentleman were both lovely and helpful, the items for sale are lovely - I can' say anything bad about this place, it's just like it should be! Ignore the negative remarks, this is a quaint little shop with a lot going for it and lets face it we all have a bad day. Keep up the good work, no doubt mum and I will be back again soon xx

4  Thank EA1981
temporarymeasure, Owner at Temporary Measure, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

ah thank you ladies! so kind of you indeed to write such a lovely review! really glad you had a nice visit and we hope you come back again soon...we'll try and do something about the weather next time :)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Been to Temporary Measure On three Holidays to Keswick, the most recent time being last week, me and my friend (Swotters) were welcomed on three occasions by a lovely pot of tea and a crispy cake while we were busy working away. The vintage and old feeling only adds to the atmosphere. We also experienced a night with Sycamore Skyes with a candle-lit cozy evening and amazing singing. The art and creativity is a joy to look at, and the whole family (which seems very large and happy) was so friendly and supportive of each other we noticed. Will come back here whenever I am in Keswick, wouldn't go anywhere else! Thank-you for having us!:)

3  Thank cutoutandkeep
temporarymeasure, Owner at Temporary Measure, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

you are so very,very welcome! thank you so much for writing such lovely things - you've made my mum go all soppy!! and thank you for coming to our first music night! - it was fun wasn't it! all the luck in the world with those pesky exams - you had the power of crispy cakes on your side while you were swotting so you'll be Just Fine :) see you next time we hope (from the whole lot of us!)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This place is a genuine one-off; quirky, boho, period furnishings, excellent tea/coffee served in proper cups and saucers, and the most delicious homemade cakes you can imagine- the sticky toffee cake I had on this occasion was particularly yummy! You get served by real people too- none of this transparent service-with-a-painted-smile nonsense. This will always be the first thing I do when I visit Keswick!

3  Thank MrMikeWilson

thank you very, very kindly indeed. as long as there are still good people like you about we will put off investing in the stick-on painted smiles and name tags :) see you again soon hopefully.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have a saying amongst my family and friends that all walks/days out end here; for delicious home made cakes and endless cups of tea served in genuine vintage china by authentically friendly people. Part of the pleasure comes from knowing that we are guaranteed a warm welcome and that we can sit awhile and relax without feeling that we are on a customer conveyor belt. It's also lovely to know that you can call in by yourself without feeling self conscious and you are pretty much guaranteed to bump into someone you know, a good sign when locals visit regularly!

However the reason I first started visiting here was the fantastic canvases that make this place so unique and now adorn several of the walls in our home. You can buy off the peg, straight 'from the wall' or indeed go 'bespoke' and personalise a photograph of your own with either your own text or text from the gallery.

Since then the tea shop has developed (hurrah!) and several more ranges such as beautiful fabrics, covetable knitted hats, delightful books and a range of china, too many for me to list them all.

This gallery is a magpies nest of treasures, no matter how many times we visit there is always something new to see (and buy!) If you are wondering where to go next and would enjoy discovering fresh, original talent whilst being able to eat cake at the same time then I recommend that this gallery and tea shop should be more than a temporary measure!!

4  Thank 461SarahS

well now your just embarrassing us ;)
thank you so much for your extremely lovely words, we might just print them out and refer to them in times of trouble x you are too kind