“Overrated”

Temporary Measure
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Purveyors of Bespoke Curios, fancy cakes and a lovely cup of tea
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Visited here in November after reading great reviews & I love a quirky cafe. Was very disappointed I have to say. Service with a smile it was not & I have noticed other reviews with similar comments. If you are going to run a cafe surely you want to offer friendly service with a smile & I don't buy it was an off day unless they have lots of off days. Cake average. I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about.

7  Thank Cate19
temporarymeasure, Owner at Temporary Measure, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

you came in november? ...oh november is the month where we operate a strict mean and surly to everyone policy. we have to balance out the karma you see, what with all that smiling we do in the other months. sorry cate, thems the rules.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

An enchanting, unusual cafe and shop in Keswick. Friendly service, choice of several organic teas, coffee served in china crockery, gorgeous cakes, very peaceful. The shop sells photographic canvasses, cards, and original text to cards, bags and knitted accessories and children's stories. Came home with a beautifully boxed kit to make a delightful knitted rabbit! Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Moondream12
temporarymeasure, Owner at Temporary Measure, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

ah thank you very much! so glad you had a nice time and let us know how the rabbit goes :)

Reviewed December 14, 2012

An enchanting, peaceful, unusual and delightful cafe and art shop in the centre of Keswick. Friendly service, good music and much to admire.

3  Thank SheffieldOliver
temporarymeasure, Owner at Temporary Measure, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

thank you very, very much for such a lovely review! so glad you had a nice time and hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We visited Temporary Measure after reading many good reviews on tripadvisor. I visited with my parents, husband and little boy who is three. I have to agree with how lovely the place is to look around, I have uploaded some images of how it looks. However, I was surprised at how unfriendly the lady who served us was. I thought this was maybe just me being sensitive and expecting her to be helpful and lovely as per all the reviews, but when we left my mother said she had the same experience when she ordered their food. She really had no reason to be rude and unhelpful so all I can think is that she was having an off day. The cake and coffee we ate were ok, nothing special, which again was a shame. If we do happen to be in Keswick again I don't think we will rush back to Temporary Measure.

9  Thank MrsWardLeeds
temporarymeasure, Owner at Temporary Measure, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

hello mrs ward, unfortunately people who write mean things about my mum (who kindly helps me out for free because she knows how hard it is to run a small business, and that we are too small infact to be able to afford to pay extra staff, and who happens to follow the Captain Jayneway school of customer service on occation - brisk and to the point) are not allowed back in the shop unless they agree to being given a chinese burn first ;) nice photos though!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Found cafe by accident, though have loved temporary measure prints for a while. Coffee and cakes nice, but atmosphere and decor make it great

6  Thank Andy S

thank you very much emma! very kind of you indeed and hope to see you again soon :)