“Toilets let this establishment down”
Review of The Inn at Keswick Restaurant - CLOSED

The Inn at Keswick Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

As a regular visitor to Keswick we like to visit The Inn as the food is relatively good although slightly expensive for ‘pub fare’, however, many of the establishment in Keswick are price similarly.

The bar is actually smaller than you would expect from outside but has dog friendly areas. A good selection of drinks is always available.

The major let down in this premises is the Gents toilets. This has been an issue for the 6+ years we have visited and has never been adequately addressed.

Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Inn at Keswick Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thanks for your comments, I’m glad you enjoyed our range of drinks and can only apologise regarding the gents toilets. It hasn’t taken me six years to realise we need to spend some money and replace some pipes to freshen up the gents, work which is waiting to be done. I hope you visit soon and you can see the improvements we have made.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Called in here last week for a couple of meals in between fell walks and have to say what a nice welcome we were given. The food was hot and tasty, drinks well served and both good value, just what you want after a long walk. Best bit of course for us was that dogs are very welcome, so nice to see owners and their dogs both welcomed in a pub in the Lakes. If you want a decent meal when out walking with your dog then this is well worth a visit.

Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Inn at Keswick Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thanks for your positive comments, we look forward to seeing you soon and the dog!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Good choice of food and drinks. Appreciated the flexibility of the kitchen to do entrees as mains, etc

Breakfast menu is a treat. While the standard English breakfast is available, there are many other choices - Eggs Benedict were really great. The portions are large - but can be shared

We'll come back

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and especially the eggs benedict. I hope to see you again soon.

Tim Banks - Manager and all the team at The Inn at Keswick

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Good choice of food and drinks, nice kids menu. We had eaten here years ago but couldn't really remember what it was like, food was very nice will be returning very soon. Service was good only down side really tables were not very clean sticky to touch but it was very busy.

I'm really pleased you enjoyed your visit. We have changed the cleaning agent for the tables as the last product did leave a sticky residue, hopefully you will enjoy your next visit even more! I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been to the Inn at Keswick twice for lunch over the last month or so, and had an excellent meal both times. I normally order Steak Pie at every new Pub I visit, as it is a good benchmark of Pub grub, and after trying several establishments in keswick over the years, I can confidently report that this one is head and shoulders above any others I have tried. The service was also very good and the staff very friendly. The icing on the cake was a comprehensive selection of quality real ales - what more can you want from a Pub lunch - highly recommended.

I'm glad you enjoyed your steak pie lunch and our range of ales. You will be glad to know we are increasing our cask ale portfolio as we speak, so next time you will have even more to choose from, we won't change the steak pie recipe though! Hope to see you again soon.