“Really nice food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Really nice food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We came here often during our 2 extended weekend breaks in Keswick as the food was really very tasty. There is a good menu selection, reasonably priced and is a very popular and busy place. It is a dog friendly pub so watch out for waggy tails under tables and chairs!! Definitely will return to this pub!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank AJCheshire
Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Inn at Keswick Restaurant, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thanks for your really kind comments. I'm glad you thought our menu selection was extensive and no waggy tails were stood on! I will share your kind comments with the team.

Yorkshire
“Dog friendly and excellent food!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We tried the Inn as we knew we could take in our choucolate lab, who spent more time asleep under the table than anything else! The staff behind the bar were very busy but still managed to keep up with customers and were chatting when they could. We decided against starter as the other half had been eyeing up the pie on the menu, and he was not disappointed to quote 'one of the best steak and ale pies I ve had' so it must be good. It sgot one of their house ales in so he had a pint of that 2 and it also got the seal of approval. I chose the pasta and I too was very impressed the only downside I would have is that I couldnt eat it all as there was more than enough of a portion for me! Next time we are in keswick we will be eating here as it was very reasonably priced and had a nice atmosphere, just like our local country inn at home! Most impressive and I'll happily recommend to friends and family.

Visited February 2013
Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Inn at Keswick Restaurant, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments our Steak and Ale pie is one of our best sellers. We look forward to seeing you again soon (and the chocolate labrador) i will also share your positive comments with all the team.

Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Food was excellent.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel so decided to try the restaurant as it was freezin outside and not keen to wander. Good choice. The steak and ale pie was so good and my wife had the fisherman board. Both were excellent. Well cooked and well portioned.

Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Inn at Keswick Restaurant, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments, you picked two of our best sellers on the menu! It is always nice to hear our dishes are consistently good. I will share your comments with all of the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Biggar, United Kingdom
“a lovely lunch.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

just wandered in off the street and had a lovely lunch, the Butchers platter was brilliant along with brilliant wedges and onion rings with decent batter, the deep fried black pudding was so tasty and great big slices of tastiest ham ever along with all the relishes salad pot of pate chunky bread coleslaw and cumberland sausage- although these could have been chunks of proper sized not chipolatos... although we didnt try it the trio of home brewed beers looked very good and took us back to brew pubs in canada!!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jan97_11
Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Inn at Keswick Restaurant, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind and positive comments. Our Butchers Deli Boards are very popular and very filling! I hope we see you again soon. I will share your comments with all of the team.

Tim Banks - Manager and all the team at The Inn at Keswick
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Don't bother going here if you value good service with your meal”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Ok I'm going to name and shame... JOSHUA served us when we went for a meal today and the much suggested Inn at Keswick, I ordered Cumberland Sausage in onion gravy with Mash for both my daughter and my husband, I also ordered Cumberland sausage but on its own with Chips, what I got was the sausage still in the onion gravy next to some overlooked chips, when I said to Joshua I didn't order this with the gravy in he walked away from the table, I had to call him back to request ketchup, even my laid back husband said his attitude was terrible, we heard good things about this place from friends and family, needless to say we won't be recommending this place or its staff to anyone we meet, we will suggest they save £38 (what I paid) and go down to the Kingfisher chippy instead which is awesome !

Inns_0f_Character, Tim Banks - Manager at The Inn at Keswick Restaurant, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit to us and that some of the team were not as focussed on delivering good service as they should have been – we do take all the comments to heart and I’ll be sure to share with this team so that we can show them how their actions impact our guests. I’d love the opportunity to welcome you back again to show that we can deliver – if you’re in the Keswick area again, please do call in and ask for me by name.