“Beautiful food great surroudings.”
Review of 17 Again - CLOSED

17 Again
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food great surroudings.”
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Iv ate in quite a few places and i have to say that this is a gem in keswick. From the outside it looks like a shop but once inside and seated i felt very relaxed. The food was delicious and all the veg was freshly picked that afternoon. Ask for the special coffee after its very interesting.

2 Thank Beastfromnortheast

Keswick, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food !!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was simply amazed by the quality of the food as were my children,this is their favorite restaurant in town with its many lovely gifts filling up the shelves.
I am really delighted to have such top notch food at such great prices right on the door step.
Thank you Trevor !

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Charming!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My partner and I recently passed here and initially thought it was just a cute coffee shop but when we saw it open late we popped in as the menu looked very good and brilliant value. I am so glad that we did.
This little restaurant is so beautiful, its just full of gorgeous trinkets as far as the eye can see and with there only being a few tables in there, the service is excellent and it has such a romantic feel to it.
As for the food, it really was AMAZING! I cannot believe how cheap it was either, so fresh and to a really high standard. We both had a 3 course meal, we bought a bottle of Bubbly, we even bought the classical music CD that was playing in there and then a huge sign for our home from the shop....Total bill for all of that?? Just £69. I couldnt believe it.
If you are thinking of going, then do. We cant wait to go back.

York, United Kingdom
“A great experience !”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

First impressions are a bit puzzling, but what looks like a qwerky trinket shop doubles up as a cafe and bistro, and the yummy set menu 2 courses £13.99 or 3 courses £15.99 persuaded us to make a booking for that evening. We started off by ordering drinks, real ale for my hubby & a strawberry vodka & lemodade for myself - this in itself was a treat - presented in an elaborate glass with fresh strawberries - divine ! We were then presented with a bowl of yummy warm bread & butter & once we polished this off with our starters we were presented with another bowl...all complimentary! Garlic mushrooms & stuffed pepper were bursting with flavour. My rump steak was melt in the mouth and my husbands chicken was tasty. All came with a great selection of fresh veg to share. We were hoping to enjoy a desert too but were so full we unfortunately had no room, so finished off the night with a "special" coffee which in itself is "entertainment". I have never seen such an intriquing coffee maker & the owner sat and chatted to us whilst the contraption did it's stuff.....a strange but very enjoyable night. Would definitely visit again.

girvan
“quirky restaurant”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We dined here for our anniversary the food was excellent as was the service this is a gem of a place its quirky as its a shop as well with lovely goods would recommend and would come back the next time we are down this way .

• Visited July 2011