“Lovely Meal”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I recently enjoyed a meal here with my husband and a couple of friends when we were staying near Keswick. We enjoyed a couple of the starter platters followed by a mix of rice and mains dishes including a lovely sweet and sour dish that is my favourite.
The staff were very patient with the fact that we were enjoying the starters before we ordered the mains.
We all agreed that the food and surroundings were lovely in this restaurant.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had a very nice meal here during our latest trip to Keswick. No problems getting a table, service very prompt, good selection of dishes available, quite a nice looking restaurant inside. Food was served quickly and was nice and hot and was very tasty. Decent size portions and good selection available from mild to nice and spicy. Reasonable prices as well.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

So not very good...but better than average...yes that's it better than average. Food is pretty good and the staff are friendly. They did bring me one of the worst bottles of wine I've ever ordered in a restaurant, not off just BAD! However they did replace it without question, which I don't believe they're obliged to do....so well done them!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Felt compelled to write after reading some of the suprisingly negative reviews below! Had a lovely evening recently at Star of Siam, lovely atmosphere happy helpful staff and excellent food :)
Tasty starters of won ton soup and mixed starter for one (yum) and a prawn main which we both found delicious! 3 course meal for two with alcoholic drinks for under £50, Bargain! Would definitely recommend!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was a truly disappointing dining experience. The starter, a mixed platter, was obviously re heated and rubbery.The chicken wouldn't come off the skewer it was so dry and old !
My main course of chicken pad thai looked lovely when it arrived - who doesn't like a crafted carrot ! However it was so tasteless I had to add salt ! What a shame ! There were no obviously Thai flavours like ginger or coriander.Rubbery rice noodles meant that this dish did nothing to excite the pallet !! My husband's sticky rice had to be tackled with a knife and fork it was so unfresh.Definitely no return visit.

1  Thank Hairy_Traveller