“Why no good rating.”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2014

So not very good...but better than average...yes that's it better than average. Food is pretty good and the staff are friendly. They did bring me one of the worst bottles of wine I've ever ordered in a restaurant, not off just BAD! However they did replace it without question, which I don't believe they're obliged to do....so well done them!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Felt compelled to write after reading some of the suprisingly negative reviews below! Had a lovely evening recently at Star of Siam, lovely atmosphere happy helpful staff and excellent food :)
Tasty starters of won ton soup and mixed starter for one (yum) and a prawn main which we both found delicious! 3 course meal for two with alcoholic drinks for under £50, Bargain! Would definitely recommend!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was a truly disappointing dining experience. The starter, a mixed platter, was obviously re heated and rubbery.The chicken wouldn't come off the skewer it was so dry and old !
My main course of chicken pad thai looked lovely when it arrived - who doesn't like a crafted carrot ! However it was so tasteless I had to add salt ! What a shame ! There were no obviously Thai flavours like ginger or coriander.Rubbery rice noodles meant that this dish did nothing to excite the pallet !! My husband's sticky rice had to be tackled with a knife and fork it was so unfresh.Definitely no return visit.

1  Thank Hairy_Traveller
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I could not fault this place especially after I got the bill. Its clean and well decorated and the food was good in both quality and in its proportions. The staff were most friendly and tolerant of our children. I will definitely come back and they have saved me many a future trip to Manchester and Newcastle in search of decent Asian food

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We have stopped in Keswick many times but this is the first time to the Star of Siam, what a great place as well. from the time we walked in on a busy Saturday night until we left, the staff were very good, attentive and polite. The food, well this was really nice and a great change from pub grub or the local Chinese. we mixed the dishes up a bit and tried a mixture off the menu, the mixed starters are lovely and we moved on to a mixture of dishes for the main, topped off with banana fritter, thy style. Thanks and will certainly be back.