“I thought I was back in Thailand”
Review of Star of Siam

Star of Siam
Ranked #86 of 139 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I stopped for lunch after spending the morning hiking around the lake. From the moment I stepped in the place and I heard the staff speaking Thai I knew I was going to enjoy the lunch. I lived in Thailand for three years several years ago and I was anxious to taste the food here. As soon as I tasted the mushroom soup I was transported back to Thailand. It was so good as well as he rest of the meal. I even got to practice my limited Thai. My only disappointment was they did not have Mango and sticky rice on the dessert menu. But we'll be back.

There are newer reviews for Star of Siam

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my fiance went to star of Siam for a evening meal during our over night stay in Keswick. The mixed starter platter was delicious. Every starter was very tasty. I got a yellow curry and it was with out a doubt one of the best thai meals I have ever had! the flavour was fantastic! My fiance got one of the recommend noodle dishes with beef and he said it was fantastic! we got starters, Mains with noodles and rice and chips and a bottle of rose wine. The bill came to £50 - excellent value for money!! The previous review (from the same night we were there) writes 'the table next to us also got prawn crackers and dip) this clearly is talking about us. We ordered and paid £2.55 for them before the mixed platter. Maybe you should concentrate on your own meal and night and not be paying too much attention to adjacent tables! nosey beggars!
Overall, fabulous food and excellent value for money. If you know Thai food - you'll love this place!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had been looking forward all day to our Thai meal at this restaurant. We eat here several years ago & it was really good. The service today was appalling. The waitress spoke very little english I think but wasn't from Thailand but from somewhere possibly in eastern Europe. She never once smiled/interacted with us. She showed us to our table set for only 2, rather than one that was set for 4. After about 15 minutes & ordering our food she still hadn't bought place settings for the other 2 so we took them from the adjacent table ourselves! The table next to us ordered the same starter (mixed starter platter- but got much bigger portions & extra selections to ours). They also got mixed prawn crackers & dipping sauce. The chicken Red curry & chicken Panang curries were both disappointing & certainly not red in colour! The sticky rice was very dry but the Pad Thai was probably the best thing we had.
We never stayed for desserts - they looked pretty artificial from the dessert menu.
We shan't be back - sorry

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Spent the weekend in Keswick with friends and booked this restaurant on previous comments. Just glad our friends knew I had booked this because of these.......
Unsure what "Tai" restaurants you people must have been to before, but we certainly haven't had processed meat (on the menu as fish cakes) before at a Tai restaurant. Menu varied but quality poor.
Service excellent and place clean but unfortunately let down by below par food.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant, clean and bright. The food was delicious and reasonably priced and the staff were welcoming and helpful.