“Excellent B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keswick
Grassmoor Guest House
Ranked #30 of 175 Keswick B&B and Inns
Lochgilphead, United Kingdom
“Excellent B&B”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Grassmoor is an excellent B & B - my room ( number 4) had a fantastic view and was spotlessly clean. I stayed 4 nights and my room was "refreshed" daily - clean towels, fresh milk, tea coffee etc and bathroom cleaned.The breakfast were amazing with a really good choice. Gillian was warm, welcoming and friendly. The town is within easy walking distance but the street was very quiet at night. I would definitely stay again and recommend this to others. Even the weather was perfect !

Room Tip: Room 4 - on the top floor has stunning views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a lovely place. We received a very friendly welcome when we arrived. Gillian and Phil were perfect hosts, addressing us by our first names all the time which we like very much. Our room was very comfortable (Room 4) with a great view over Skiddaw, which was a nice bonus. The breakfast selection is second to none, with light and larger options available, and including locally sourced produce.

Tarriff is very reasonable and location (2 minutes' walk from town centre) is excellent. There is also plenty of advice available for walks and other activities in the area.

We will certainly be staying again, and we are planning to bring my parents from Brazil with us, as we're sure they'll be as well treated as we were.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carolina B
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have stayed at many B&B's in Keswick but Grassmoor Guest House is by far and away the best I have stayed at. I had a recent three night stay with my sister in a twin/family room(room 2) which was very spacious, very clean and beautifully furnished, with superb views of Skiddaw. Gillian was a very welcoming host, with excellent knowledge and advice about surrounding area. Grassmoor is on a very quiet and peaceful street but is only a two minute walk from centre of Keswick. Last, but not least, the breakfasts are delicious! Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jaimie S
Cannock, Staffordshire
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Once again they pulled it out of the hat. Wonderful clean, well presented accommodation, warm and friendly hospitality, fantastic breakfast choice and close to Keswick Town (3 mins approx).
My daughter loves the three legged cat, Daisy and the views from our room were breathtaking.
Thank you Gill and Phil, you really are first class and we will definately recommend you to all our friends! We can't wait to arrange our next visit!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarah B
Brighton
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I'm not sure that there's much more I can add to the already excellent reviews, but to say that the Grassmoor really lived up to all our expectations and is well deserving of the praise.

The breakfasts are the best I've ever had - pancakes, bacon and maple syrup being a firm favourite with my partner and I.

We booked the small double room on the top floor which was perfect for us for the week. It had everything we needed; hair dryer, fridge, kettle, supply of decaf and normal coffee, tea and biscuits as well as a great selection of books.

Gillian was really welcoming and gave us some top tips on walks in the area.

An excellently priced B&B and very peaceful - I can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ourhols
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2012

It's very welcoming accommodation with sweet service in Keswick. The price is affordable and the overall staying experience is undoubtedly worthy of it. In addition, the homemade breakfast is tasty. I wish I could stay in this lovely, warm and cozy place for a long stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hui-Chi T
Wallington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. Excellent b&b. Gillian and Phil are great hosts and their knowledge of the area is fantastic. They gave us lots of ideas for trips out. Good choice of breakfast menu and Daisy the friendly 3 legged cat was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed March 2012