“Very nice meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Bella

Casa Bella
Ranked #14 of 126 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had to wait a little while in the bar, as we had not booked. The waitress explained we could have a table straight away but the sun was a little bright on it and we opted to wait and ordered a very acceptable bottle of Frascati. Once in the restaurant, the service was friendly and efficient and our food was delicious. Couldn't fault a thing on this occasion.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ch0ccie

“Shocked”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Went for a meal at 9:33 on a sunny Friday night. While busy the place had some free tables.

The disinterested door staff told my wife and I at 9:33 that last orders for meals are at 9:30.

Absolutely amazed I asked if it was good that the owner will miss out on serving two people a meal with wine. I was just told we close at 9:30 I should have come earlier.

Really !

4 Thank catbarks
“Awful front of house”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had booked a table for a Saturday evening but when we arrived we were placed in a queue with people who had walked in on spec. When we queried this the front of house was rude and aggressive beyond what I can convey in decent language. Luckily the eatery across the road could fit us in. Do not trust that any booking here is worth anything. We will never return to this place!

Visited June 2014
4 Thank David C
York, North Yorkshire
“An odd approach to customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have to say the food I had at Casa Bella was delicious - once I had disregarded the many dishes marked as 'vegetarian' despite containing either Parmesan or Gorgonzola (both of which are always made with animal rennet and are therefore never vegetarian). And I must admit that the service I received was actually really friendly and polite. However I have never dined in a restaurant with such an inflexible approach. I visited by myself, chose a pasta dish and then looked at the menu to see if there was some bread I could order to have on the side. I couldn't eat a full garlic pizza bread, so when I saw there were garlic dough balls on the menu, I thought that would be fine. However this was marked up as a side order for two people, and my waitress told me I would receive 10-12 dough balls. This still being too much, I asked if I could order half a portion for half price, and the answer was no. Baffled by this, I got someone else to ask the manager why it could not be done - "we don't have a button to put it through the till" was the response. I therefore didn't order anything else. This is probably the first business I've known that is so unwilling to take payment from a customer in return for a product they have readily available - all because there's no 'miscellaneous food' button on the till. Bizarre.

Visited July 2014
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Italian eating triumph”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Always dine at Casa Bella when in Keswick. Straightforward menu of pizza or pasta mainly but all freshly prepared. Friendly and obliging staff with prompt and attentive service. Only minor draw back is at busy times tend to feel a bit hemmed in but probably worth it.

• Visited May 2014