“Lovely atmosphere and food to match!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Bella

Casa Bella
Ranked #13 of 128 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere and food to match!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our recent visit to Casa Bella during our trip to Keswick.

Unfortunately, on the first night of our holiday we were unable to get a table due to the restaurant popularity. However, we booked by telephone and reserved a table for the next day.

The food was excellent, the pizza bases were light and fluffy and delicious.

The service was wonderful and very prompt. We would definitely visit again when next in Keswick.

Manchester
“Pour quality frozen food, not an Italian ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We decided to visit Casa Bella because of the many positive reviews on trip advisor. Seriously wish we hadn't - even the owner of our guest house told us it was poor but we were too late to cancel and find an alternative. I must say I am absolutely shocked that so many people have left positive reviews and are happy to eat such overpriced rubbish!

How they can call themselves an Italian restaurant, I don't know.
The food was churned out very quickly which is always a worry. The couple on the table next to us received their starter no more than 2 mins after ordering... Fresh?! Doubtful!

None of the food we tried tasted fresh at all. I ordered a mozzarella and tomato salad to start and it was completely tasteless. Even after I seasoned it myself and added balsamic vinegar it still tasted of nothing. My boyfriend's garlic bread was very greasy and his plate was swimming in oil.

For mains, I tried a pizza as they looked quite nice. Again, it was bland, unseasoned, tasteless and disappointing. The chicken tasted rubbery. Definitely frozen food, and definitely not good quality frozen food! My boyfriend tried the carbonara and the sauce was watery, bland and lacked any flavour at all. The pasta was dry and completely unappealing. He couldn't eat it. How can an Italian restaurant do such a bad job of pizza and pasta?!

We were waiting for the staff to come and ask how our meals were so we could complain but they weren't interested at all. In hindsight we should have called them over. As soon as we had finished our mains and said we would not be having dessert our bill was placed on the table, even though we still had half a bottle of wine left to drink.

It really was not a nice experience. They were trying to get people in and out as quickly as possible and when paying £50 I really would expect better. It appeared that they just did not care because most are tourists who they may never see again. I wouldn't normally leave reviews on here but we were both so annoyed at the bad food and poor customer service I felt the need to write something.

I would say avoid this place at all costs. There are plenty of nice restaurants to choose from in Keswick. In future we will be going with the hotel's recommendations and take the good reviews on here with caution!

2 Thank Ncorri
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

We had a meal here with friends and it was very good. my only issue was the sausage caserole was good but had very little sausage in it. but tyhe staff and atmosphere was very good.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“Good but not as good as previous visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Having visited this restaurant numerous times on our visits to Keswick, we were a little bit disappointed by our latest visit.

The starters were excellent, but mains were spoilt by over cooked chicken and frozen chips.

Kids meals were ok, but not massive portions, especially the pasta.

1 Thank Parttimer2
Oxfordshire
“Well run and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This place is busy and when you get in you will see why. Value for money, well cooked Italian food. Garlic bread with cheese very good....it's basically a pizza base smothered with cheese

• Visited April 2014