“A special place”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Durham UK
“A special place”
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We have been going to Luca's for quite a few years now, and a meal there always forms part of our holidays in Keswick. Last week was no exception, and once again we had a meal to savour. My wife chose the risotto and was keen to discover why it tasted much better than her own. So she asked the Chef! Paul carefully explained how he cooked the dish, and gave her some tips on what best to do - you don't get that sort of service in your normal high-end restaurant! And his Italian bread-and-butter pudding is to die for! Yes the prices are'nt cheap, but you're not getting your normal PizzaHut meal either. The dining room is pleasant, and the service quietly efficient, and when you add that to great food, you can't ask for more.
So if you just want a normal pizza-and-pasta meal, you will be better going somewhere else. But if you want a special dining experience, go to Luca's.

1 Thank Samol

“Not at all worth the money”
Reviewed September 4, 2009

We visited Luca's during August 2009 and were quite disappointed. It's really not worth the money you pay and calling the place Luca's and playing a tape of italian music does not make this an italian restaurant. I don't feel that the place is what you would call a typical Italian and the food was average at best. Given the size of the bill and the abundance of other places to eat in Keswick I wouldn't be going back again.

1 Thank perfectionistali
south shields
“Fantastic food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

went with my partner for a meal while on holiday in keswick.
This place is not your normal cramped italian place there is plenty of room nice atmosphere and the food is really good .Only down side is its a bit pricey but if you dont mind as long as the food is special then give it a try.

South Yorkshire
“Great for a special night”
Reviewed July 28, 2009

We visited here in June and it was the one night we hadn't prebooked. I had scanned the leaflet in the guesthouse and decided on this one just because I like italian food. The decor inside is very good with frescos on the walls and a very italian feel. I had mushroom with pesto and mozzerela for starters - sorry can't remember what my husband had. For mains I had sea bass on a bed of pea and asparagus risotto surrounded by a salsa verde - outstanding!. The only complaint I have and it's not a complaint really is there was a little too much risotto and I was stuffed afterwards as being a yorkshire woman I never leave anything on my plate! My husband had duck with apricots in a chinese 5 spice sauce - I had a taste and was instantly jealous, a superb combination of flavours! The restaurant didn't have many diners in that evening and taking to one of waitresses Keswick had been very quiet all day, but that didn't detrack from the ambience. The warm colours of the decor along with the light italian music playing made it very pleasant. After our meal we went outside and sat on the decking area to finish our wine and discovered other people eating outside - so you can have the best of both worlds. This was the most expensive meal of our 3 night stay but we would definately go again. A great place for anyone who loves food.

newcastle, england
“Wildly Overpriced”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

The exterior of this pretty building is the only thing nice about this restaurant. Overpriced is an understatement. My friend's small Caesar salad contained several ingredients not found in a Caesar, was visually unappealing, barely edible, and was £14.95!! Our £10 pizzas contained about 75p worth of ingredients and one of them came incorrectly topped. Service was below average and atmosphere non-existent. Give this place a wide swerve!

2 Thank usagirl