“Helpful and friendly”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went here for a meal before going to theatre. Called to reserve a table and Paul, the owner, told us he would be open from 5.30 so plenty of time. On arrival we were welcomed by Lydia who showed us to our table and got us some water before taking our drinks order. Paul then came over and took our food order. My wife is very allergic to onion and so Paul advised us what was suitable on the menu or he could do something special as all food is prepared and cooked to order. Starter and main course were both served quite quickly so as not to make us late. Food was excellent, well presented and plenty of it. Would definitely recommend going here and we will be returning when we go bake to Keswick. Well done to all the staff. A great start to a lovely evening. Thanks.

Paul P, Owner at Luca's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, I have passed on your comments to my staff, it's really nice to be appreciated, I hope we will see you again in the future.
Best regards
Paul

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I just had a terrible meal at this place! I walked in and asked "have you got a table for 4?"
"(grunts) umm, I'll see what we can do."
(By the way, we arrived there at quarter to 6)
He replied "we have a table, but it will be booked at 8"
"Well be long gone by then."
"Hmmm? Just leave soon, hurry"
You can tell by then that we were being rushed.
The service was terrible, no one smiled, they just moved past us without saying a word.
When our food FINALLY came, it tasted watery and terrible. I have no idea how they get any good reviews. When we finished our meals, the waiters whisked them away without even checking if we were actually finished. The food was very overpriced. I'll never go there again.

3  Thank Rotone
Paul P, Owner at Luca's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

It is obvious you do not understand how a restaurant operates with regard to reserved tables, of course we have to check what table is available when you just walk in without making a reservation and when that table is reserved later in the evening.
But I take exception when people don,t tell the truth, I did not tell you to hurry up, i did not " grunt "
i did not say " just leave soon " I have never and would never say that, I informed you politely, what time the table was reserved later in the evening, so that you could decide if that was long enough for you without feeling rushed, i consider this to be the polite thing to do, just because its early in the evening and the restaurant looks empty, it's does not mean the tables are not in use shortly as happened on your evening, we were very busy as it was half term..
As I recall you did not order a starter, as we cook food to order of course it has to be cooked, we don,t serve instant food, if that is what you wanted you should have gone elsewhere.
With regard to the food, it's pretty clear by the other reviews that what you said is totally wrong.
With regard to the the plates being whisked away without being asked if you had finished, that is just not true, if that had been the case you could have said so. With regard to my staff not smiling I constantly get compliments on how nice and friendly they are.
I am of course always grateful when people recognise the hard work me and my staff do to make people happy, as can be seen by the other reviews that is the case, but when people say things that are just not true as you have clearly done I take exception.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Family of 8 went including two young children. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, friendly and attentive service and the food was really good. Would go again, felt really welcome

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We came last summer with some family and hadn't booked but they still accommodated us despite being very busy.
So this summer we made a booking whilst walking past in the afternoon. We went early as our daughter is not yet 3.
The anti-pasti was spectacular - Squid, octopus, prawns, griddled peppers as well as the usual meats. No olives though, which was not a disappointment just unexpected.
Beautiful fillet steak, lovely hand made chips, childs pizza. I can't remember what the wife had as I was too busy enjoying my steak.
Highly recommended.

Price? You get what you pay for and this was good so no complaints. It was £100 including a tip of just over 10%.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the wild boar ragu, this was a great choice it was excellent cant wait to go back. The staff are friendly the service was excellent we didn't have to wait long even though the place was full .

1  Thank andrew g