“Too expensive now”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2013

First things first, we love Luca's! Third time in Keswick, third time in Luca's. Recommend it to anyone visiting, but it is too expensive now. Would really need to be a special occasion for us to go again. Beautiful restaurant.

Paul P, Owner at Luca's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you have enjoyed eating at luca's on 3 different occasions, it's always a pleasure when customers like yourselves enjoy all the hard work and the long hours it takes to run a succesfull restaurant.

However I am a little confused about your comment " too expensive now", in fact this time last year I reduced my prices and they have not increased since then. These prices are considered by many customers to be no more expensive than any other comparable restaurant .

Also have you tried our three course menu for £19.95? Without exception every customer I or my staff have spoken to have commented on what incredible value they believe the menu offers, and it is available every evening of the week, except mondays when we are closed.

Wishing you all the best
Paul.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went hear on 26/3/2013 realy great staff and owner is realy nice makes time to see you and lets you pick something else of the menu and im a chef in keswick and i will tell people to try hear because its worth it

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have lived in Keswick for 2 years and I cant believe we havent tried Lucas before this. We had friends visiting so decided to give it a try. Food was really tasty and the staff very friendly would certainly go back.

2  Thank Christine B
Reviewed March 15, 2013

A MUST for me during each visit to Keswick! Food scrumptious,very generous portions,spoiled for choice,extremely friendly owners and staff,very pleasant atmosphere on both visits,spotlessly clean place and good value for money.If you haven't yet sampled the(freely provided)home-made sundried tomato bread with its matching butter then I'd say, "Time to get yourself along to Luca's whether you're a daytripper, there for Keswick Convention or any other event!" Current offer of 3 courses for £19.95 is too good to miss!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Much enjoyed an evening here with extended family.
Our host was very welcoming, drinks served promptly with a smile and we all enjoyed our food.
I chose from the three course set menu and found each course was delicious and well presented. The rest of my family chose from the a la carte menu and all enjoyed their food.
The wine, Frascati, the old Italian favourite was served at the correct temperature and was pleasant.
All in all a very happy evening.