“Good food, friendly service”
Review of Luca's Ristorante - CLOSED

Luca's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've been to this restaurant twice and both times have really enjoyed the food. Both times I had a pasta dish for around £9 although there were more expensive and interesting dishes on the menu (from traditional steaks to dishes including venison). The menu is extensive.The dishes I had were full of flavour. We had to wait a bit longer than we sometimes do if eating out at a pub that does food but I'm guessing that is because more of it is cooked fresh rather than batch cooked and kept warm.
The waiting staff were friendly, relaxed and informal.
I would go again.

There are newer reviews for Luca's Ristorante

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful restaurant and i cannot recommend highly enough, when arriving we were given drinks and our coats were taken and even on a busy night we were looked after very well by Paul and his friendly staff. With everything made to order My husband's special dietary requirements were taken care of with no problem at all, and they have a varied and interesting menu with one of the best quality fillet steaks I've ever had in my life (the au poivre). They also have a 3 course set menu which is extremely good value. We will be visiting again on our next trip to the lakes.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We booked here for Valentine's Day, and overall have to say that this is a good restaurant.

Mixed starter was delicious, the Fillet Steak was cooked very well. My only criticism is that the wild boar ragu tasted a little too aniseedy which caused my wife to leave a lot of the tagliatelle. I quite like aniseed but I think that even I would have struggled with the full plate. Wine was excellent quality.

Keswick is not the cheapest of places to eat out, and Luca's is no exception. That said, fresh quality food is not cheap, but if I compare the pricing to restaurants of an equal or better standing at home I still found the pricing a little high. What probably rubbed salt into that wound was that I later discovered that it was possible to pick up 15% discount vouchers (presumably for guests stopping overnight in Keswick) hich would have made the pricing about right - look out for those!! Whether this was available on Valentine's Day I do not know, but i did mention where we were staying when I booked the table over the telephone the weekend before.

Service was attentive - no complaints there.

When all is said and done I think we probably would go back on our next visit to Keswick.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nice decor but...the young lady front of house was cold and inhospitable our waitress Rebecca was however lovely and would definately be better engaged as front of house with some training.
Probably the worst pizza we have had in a very long time, too much tomato puree and toppings with no flavour. Very poor value for what was offered and where was the management?

1  Thank johnboy56129
Paul P, Owner at Luca's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

I was very disapointed to read your review on your visit to Luca's.
I have spoken to the girls concerned and am very surprised about your comments as I continually get compliments on the friendliness of all of my staff.
Also with regard to your meal, again we get compliments for all our food including our pizza's whitch are fully homemade, however we always listen to anyway we can improve, and if you had raised your concerns on the night we would have done our best to put things right, as I think that would have been the fair thing to do.
With regard to your comment, where was the management, I was in fact in bed with flu, but in my absence the front of house is the management, had you told her of your concerns she would have put things right, as you can appriciate it is not our intention for anyone to leave unhappy, but you did not give us that chance, and for that I am truly sorry.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have been here a few times last year whilst on holiday.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and a hygiene rating of 5 helps enormously in choosing this restaurant. Well done for that. Keep it up.

The problem I have is with the flooring. It really lets the place down. It looks grubby and dirty and puts me off my food. It wouldn't take a lot to update the flooring and make the place feel like a much better place.

Paul P, Owner at Luca's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for your kind review regarding the food and hygiene rating, 5 star, whitch we recieved for the front of house as well as the kitchen, I have always said anybody is welcome to look in the kitchen at any time, also we often get complimented for our toilets.
What I am a little confused about is your comment about the flooring.
In november 2009 we were flooded and closed for 10 months, when the restaurant was complety refurbished including all the flooring throughout the entire building, so as you can see the flooring is only just over two years old and layed with very expensive commercial quality carpet and tiles, I appriciate it may not be to your taste but we feel it fits in with the decore, in fact I had the help of an interior designer.
I sincerly hope it does not put you off returning and look forward to seeing you soon.
Regards