“Perfect location , Ideal couples getaway”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bigboab99
Gretna
“Perfect location , Ideal couples getaway”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

stayed recently at this small but well appointed house in the centre of keswick. Loved the location in the centre of the town close to all pubs and restaurants. House itself was presented in a very clean and tidy state , loved the bathroom and jacuzzi bath. Log burner looked nice although no need to experience it as we came during a warm if not dry spell. Only issue, tight drive down to park in front of the house (we were informed of this before arrival) , but there is plenty of other parking nearby. Would I come back ? Yes if it stays at that standard.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: parking
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Josedy
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Nice property in a great location”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

We recently stayed in this property. We chose it because of its proximity to the town centre. We were not disappointed - its right in the middle of Keswick but still manages to be lovely and peaceful! The property had everything we needed and was very well-presented - obviously very new to the rental market. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this cottage, or Keswick, as an ideal place for a break. One point to note: parking can be a bit tricky but you can always find a space on a nearby street..

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: House is both comfortable and quaint!
Liked least: Be careful on the stairs - quite steep, although there is a bannister
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
James T
Middlesborough
“Not as advertised, poor customer service and very unclean.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012 for a stay in June 2012

I booked this cottage as a romantic getaway for me and my wife. It looked very well presented on the Lakes Cottage Holidays website and looked like an ideal cottage for us. As I run my own business it is essential that a wifi connection is available so I am able to catch up on urgent emails and deal with emergencies should they occur. One of the main reasons I chose this cottage was the fact it was advertised as having a wifi connection. I even contacted the Lakes Cottage Holidays helpline to confirm it definitely had wifi and they assured me it did. It is even advertised on Trip Advisor has having wifi.

However, upon our arrival, I was unable to find a wifi connection for the cottage. I then called in at the Lakes Cottage Holidays branch where we had collected the keys to explain that I couldn't find a wifi connection. Then then told me on the spot that it doesn't actually have one!! I then explained that I had searched on their website specifically for a cottage that has a wifi connection and that this cottage was advertised as having one. They then did the same search on there own computer but couldn't find it listed as having wifi. They offered no apology and seemed completely uninterested in the whole matter.

On top of all this when we arrived at the cottage we found the cleanliness to be well below par. The slate floors downstairs had not been swept or mopped at all and the bathroom was an absolute disgrace! The bath looked like it had simply been rinsed out with the shower head. We had to spend around an hour cleaning it, bringing it back to the level of cleanliness you would expect on arrival. We were also surprised to find there was no iron or ironing board, very few sharp knives and not enough towels.

On the plus side however, it is very conveniently situated in the centre of Keswick making it a quick two minute stroll onto the high street.

All in all we were very disappointed with this cottage, extremely unhappy with the level of customer service we received from the Lakes Cottage Holidays staff and will not be staying here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location was excellent.
Liked least: Cleanliness of the cottage and poor customer service.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jun 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on Banks Place Keswick.

Banks Place is a modern, recently refurbished and spacious mid terrace property located in the centre of Keswick.

Your comments are very important to us and we take any complaints very seriously. The issues you have raised have been investigated thoroughly.

I can confirm that we do not advertise this property on our web sites, or on Trip Advisor as having access to WiFi. Any properties that do have access to a WiFi network clearly stae this information on the property description. I can confirm that the office was contacted regarding this issue and you were advised before booking this property and after, that this property did not have WiFi.

We do advise guests to contact the office immediately if there are any issues or problems at thier property. Unfortunately we did not receive any calls or complaints regarding the cleanliness of this property on your arrival or at any time during your stay. Had this informaiton been forthcoming, we would have acted immediately to ensure that your stay was made as pleasurable and comfortable as possible.

We are very sorry that the issues you raised spoiled your stay at this property. However, we do hope we can welcome you back in the future.

This is a wonderful property and we want to make sure your holiday or short break is uninhibited. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us and we will be happy to address any questions you may have.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing