“We keep coming back...”
Review of Burnside B&B

Burnside B&B
Ranked #5 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was our fourth visit to Burnside and it really is our "go to" place when we head to the Lakes.

The rooms are decorated to an excellent standard, there is safe and easy parking opposite and the breakfasts are second to none (the waffles in particular are a winner!). It really is very good value for money (I have paid a lot more for a lot less).

But what separates this from other B&Bs is the warm and welcoming reception from Sharon and Pete. They really do make this a lovely and friendly place to stay. They are always happy to provide recommendations on where to go and what to do.

We would not hesitate to recommend Burnside and it's safe to say that we will certainly be booking again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Good evening Bev & Neil,
A massive thank you for yet again taking the time to write us a lovaly review. Lets see how long it will be before the thought of a home made waffle & toffee sauce brings you back.

There are newer reviews for Burnside B&B

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Burnside as we were so impressed the first time we stayed, if you are staying in Keswick you could not wish for a cleaner more friendly place to stay with a great breakfast and such a lovely couple.

Room Tip: any room you have at Burnside I am quite sure will be super clean as was ours
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hi to you both,
It was lovely to see you both again & thank you for writing us such a lovely review. We do try our very ,very best to make sure everything is spotless & thank's for telling us you noticed.We're pleased you had better weather than last time you came & you were able to do some lovely walks. Thank you for all your kind words it means a great deal.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have to say, in all the years I've been travelling and visiting places around the world, I've never had such a lovely welcome and experience as I did staying at the Burnside Bed and Breakfast in Keswick.

It was our first visit to the town, so we weren't sure where to stay. We based the decision on reviews and the general feel of things from their very informative website.

Our expectations were surpassed by quite a way. Sharon made us very welcome as soon as we arrived and continued to do so every day when she spent some time chatting and advising us on where to go around town. She had all the local maps for walks and trips, so you won't be left wanting with ideas on how to fill your days.

Parking is in a street across the road - very easy to access and also very safe for your car. The Burnside is about a 20 mins walk into town, we were quite happy with this, as it's a lovely way to start your day after a tasty and substantial breakfast!

The breakfasts were out of this world... absolutely wonderful! Every taste catered for and cooked to perfection. I had 1 full English and 2 omelettes during our 3 night stay and they were all delicious!

We booked room 4 with the KS bed, which although a little bit more expensive, was definitely worth it. I do know from talking to other guests though, all the rooms are of a high standard.

All in all a great trip to Keswick, completed by the perfect choice of place to stay. There is no question that on our next visit we will be staying with Sharon and Pete - book this place with confidence, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Room 4 - King Size bed.
1  Thank surfblue

Hello again to you both,
Thank you so much for writing us such a fantastic review.We always try our best to make sure our guests find all the best local places to visit during the day & we're happy you enjoyed the advice.We do find the local maps & tips on the best places to eat out really are part of your holiday ,not forgetting our breakfasts which you very kindly have told everyone about. We're so pleased you chose to stay here in room 4 with the king size bed and the teddy who gets up to tricks .

Thank you both for the KING SIZE review hope to see you both again.
Best Wishes , Sharon & Pete x

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had to come back to see Ted who lives in the room we stayed in last October. Our 2nd visit to Burnside, it is a delightful experience. I was over the moon to have the lovely room 2 it has a lovely sofa where you can sit and chat to Ted and watch the large TV. Host superb and rooms pristine all you would ever need from a B&B and a top class breakfast. Car parking is safe over the road and 50 metres away. We enjoyed the walk into town where there is lots of places to eat and drink. Buses are available but its only a 15 minute walk back. Walk off the food you have consumed. Book early if you want to stay in this lovely B&B. Price is right too so you get a bargain as well as a lovely stay. We need to plan our next stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 2 and say hello to Ted. Its on Penrith Road but the traffic seems to stop early evening...

Good afternoon Peter & Liz,
Glad to see once again somebody has the same sence of humor as me, ted says hello to you both. It makes me smile every time I read this review thank you.We're happy you love room 2 & thank you for saying our room is pristine & that you love our breakfasts, It means a great deal to us. Hope you get time to visit us soon ted will be waiting for that chat.

Best Wishes ,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Such a warm & friendly welcome - nothing was too much trouble.
Every comfort in the spacious en-suite bedroom, with a really comprehensive breakfast.
We will choose Burnside whenever we are in Keswick.

Room Tip: A back room would eliminate any noise from passing traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hello Rosemary,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a kind review.

Best Wishes

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Burnside is our favourite B&B , so much so that we decided to take my parents for a visit as their Christmas present. Sharon is one of the most genuine hosts I have ever met and my parents took to her and Burnside immediately.
We had room 3 and my parents had room 4 and were very impressed by the space, décor and the spotless condition of the room.
Breakfasts were of the same outstanding quality that we have come to expect and I think we have now had every option on the very extensive breakfast menu - all of them wonderful.
It is difficult to add anything to the comments I have made in the past except that Burnside is so consistently good that I was confident to bring my parents , knowing they would love it to.
Thank you Sharon and Peter for a lovely visit..

Room Tip: The website really does tell you all you need to know to help you chose a room which best suits your...

Good afternoon Mary & Jonathan,
A massive thank you for another fantastic review, it's always a pleasure to look after you both.It was lovely to meet your mum & dad also & thanks for choosing here for their Christmas gift .Hope to see you next time you need a break & thank's once again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was visiting Keswick on my own for the first time since my husband passed away. He had introduced me to the Lake District but we had discovered Keswick together so it is a place very dear to my heart and I can now say since my stay at Burnside that this also is a place dear to my heart. I was made to feel welcome even before my stay as all my queries were answered very kindly by numerous emails to and fro. Once I arrived at Burnside Sharon couldn't do enough to put me at my ease. She took me to my room which although small had everything I could want from sachets of a luxury chocolate drink that I had every evening to a teddy on my bed to keep me company. I think Sharon is an 'arts and crafts' fan as the room was very beautifully decorated and I have never seen a bed made up so prettily.
It is usually quite hard to walk into breakfast when you are a lone traveller, when everyone else seems to be in couples but once again Sharon stepped in to always have a chat and put me at my ease. You could always ask her for whatever you wished and it always tasted delicious. One morning I asked for a bacon sandwich and that's exactly what I got - no butter, no sauce just lots of tasty bacon between two slices of white bread - lovely. Sharon is also the most honest landlady I have ever met as she was receiving many compliments for the brown bread she used for toast, most guests me included thought she had baked it herself and she could have taken the credit but with great honesty and to gasps of amazement she said it was from a well known supermarket - you would never have guessed !
There were certain things I wanted to do on this break and one of them was to fly a bird of prey and Peter managed to put me in touch with a local wild life park that does Hawk Walks. These need to be pre booked but because I had emailed Peter before hand I was able to get the information I needed to make the booking before I arrived in Keswick. This was the one of the most incredible things I've ever done and it was all with the help of Peter at Burnside.
All in all a wonderful stay at a wonderful place, Sharon and Peter really make this a special place to spend a holiday. As a lone traveller I would recommend Burnside to anyone not sure of travelling alone you are made to feel special from the start to the finish of your stay. And yes I will be going again !

Room Tip: I had room one which is ideal for a lone traveller.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Gentilis, Owner at Burnside B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Good afternoon Cheryl,
A massive thank you for writing us such a special review . It was a pleasure & we're so pleased you enjoyed being with us here at Burnside.It was very kind on you to leave us such a lovely card thank you.Hope your journey back home went well & your parents are ok.

Hope to see you next time you need a break.

Best Wishes,