“Great atmosphere, staff and beers.”

The Square Orange Cafe Bar
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Keswick
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Please note that we do not take bookings.
Leeds, UK
“Great atmosphere, staff and beers.”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

As this was near to the house we were staying at we used this Café bar quite a bit for drinks. The service was always excellent, the range of beers a welcoming break from Jennings and the atmosphere warming and wonderful. We always planned to eat but never got around to it (they don’t take bookings) but I am sure on the next visit it’s on the list.

A nice change with here and Magnolia serving great local ales with a relaxed atmosphere in a more modern atmosphere a nice break.

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic little cafe/bar”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The owner of the B&B we were staying in recommended this place and we're so glad we listened. It's not big and brash and could easily be missed as it's not on the main street. The decor and atmosphere is just so laid back and relaxed, a great place to unwind and enjoy some continental drinks and some simple but fresh food. We tried a pizza and a ciabatta and they were both great. We stayed here for much longer than we hand planned and enjoyed sampling some different drinks while playing cards, reading the paper etc... Great Place.

1 Thank Duncan W
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
“Quite simply the best place in to eat and drink in Keswick”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We visited this quaint little place numerous times during our week long visit. The selection of beers is vast (make sure you try the Kwak and Poretti) and all reasonably priced too. The food is absolutely to die for! Between 6 of us we sampled roughly 8 Tapas dishes, a pizza, 2 different ciabattas and a wrap. All of the dishes were fantastically cooked and the wait was minimal for such a good standard of food. The atmosphere of the place is friendly and vibrant, mostly due to the quirky decor and the extremely chatty and witty staff. Although the place does have limited seating, the staff were very accommodating of us as a large group and I would certainly say that we will visit again.

1 Thank Paul L
“Best place in Keswick!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Having done a little bit of research before our holiday to Keswick I knew that I was going to love this place and it totally met my expectations!

An ecclectic mix of Belgian beer bar, French Cafe and Spanish tapas bar. The staff are friendly and service prompt and efficient.

I particularly appreciated having an old favourite of mine - grenadine and soda - which was fantastically refreshing after a climb up Skiddaw and back.

I visited Square Orange three times during my stay in Keswick and whilst I didn't get a chance to sample the savoury menu (which was quite literally a list of all my favourite things: Goats Cheese Ciabatta, Falafel wrap, Patatas Bravas, Olives) I did enjoy the home made flapjack - wholesome, not too sweet or overly buttery. The Chai Latte is simply the best I have ever tasted.

I'm already planning to come back to Keswick as soon as I can and I know where I will be headed straight for when I arrive!

Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Great place”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, always busy.. Great food and wine and fab decor... Whole Brie with bread to die for! Will always try and go when in Keswick... Highly recommended...