“Lovely”

Ranked #16 of 176 Keswick B&B and Inns
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have visited Keswick many times and this was by far the best stay and welcome we have had. Spotless comfortable room with a great view of Skiddaw and delicious breakfasts. Peter is a polite host offering a wealth of useful information on the area. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex C, Owner at The Salisbury Guesthouse, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Many thanks for feedback. It means a lot that you enjoyed your stay as we strive to do our best at all times to ensure you have a great stay with us here at Salisbury House. Peter and Alex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and B & B's in the U.K. travelling on business over the years and would definitely recommend The Salisbury. It's one of the nicest I've stayed in. The Hosts Peter & Alex are really friendly. Nothing is too much trouble (e.g. Peter helped me with parking my car when I arrived). I was greeted with a very warm welcome and everything was explained to me in detail regarding the room, keys etc. My room was small but adequate for one. The decor in the room and throughout the Guest House was really nice and everything spotlessly clean. I follow a gluten free diet when ever possible which I had advised when booking and before I arrived at the guest house I'd received an email from Alex informing me that they were able to accommodate me with gluten free bread for my toast at breakfast. Breakfast was superb - Just enough and all local produce. I was given lots of info and recommendations of where to eat - the local restaurants are only 5 minute walk away & I found the Casa Bella Italian in Station St to be just right for my diet - serving gluten free pasta. A surprise treat after breakfast (wont spoil it by telling what it was) was an additional special touch to what proved to be a really pleasant stay. Before I departed Alex gave me lots of information regarding shops and shopping centres in the area which was of great help to me. My stay was for only one night but I will definitely return to The Salisbury when I am next in the area. Thanks again for you kind hospitality guys, I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mmcrystal
Alex C, Owner at The Salisbury Guesthouse, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hi there and thank you for taking the time to review us. So pleased you had a good time here and if you ever need a good car parker in Keswick then you know where to come! All the best to you from all at Salisbury Guesthouse.
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Salisbury guesthouse at the end of February, and I must say, we had a fantastic time from the moment we arrived. Alex and Peter, our hosts, were there for anything we needed, and had plenty of local knowledge for things to do and places to go. The guesthouse is immaculate, and our room was more like a boutique hotel than a B and B, and we had a stunning view of the hills to the north.
A nice touch is a bookcase full of books and DVDs, for guests to use while they're there, and our breakfast was delicious and very well presented, a good selection to cover all tastes, and it's nice to see that they use local produce where possible.
We were made very welcome by Alex and Peter, and will definitely stay there again next time we're over in the lakes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel N
North Somerset, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

No need to write a long winded explanation of detail - quite simply excellent throughout in quality, attention to detail, more than personable & thoughtful. Seriously if you need to stay anywhere in this area look no further. Good luck guys - you're doing a stella job - thanks. Refreshing to stay somewhere where the owners REALLY do care. (Al - North Somerset)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the feedback and thank you for the compliments! It is great to receive feedback and know you enjoyed it here. Hope to see you back here at some point in the future.
Whitby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We often take short breaks in keswick so have sampled several B&B's and it has been a long time since we've experienced such attention to detail and hospitality! Clean rooms, good quality local produce for breakfast well presented and not a bit of grease on the plate! Delicious! They reassured me with my dietry requirements and I loved the little treat on our last day - nice touch, I won't spoil the surprise! Maps, dvd's and information from our host a plenty so if it was your first time there you'd have all the info you need! Our room was small but adequate, it was quiet, clean and we had the best two nights sleep ever! Reasonably priced, excellent value! Thank you for making our trip so relaxing and enjoyable!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank SunshineSeekerWhitby
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My husband Paul and I stayed in Newby Bridge on Friday evening and decided to stay an extra night in the lakes. We booked the Salisbury Guest House at the last minute and we were not disapointed. We were greeted by Peter in the most polite and friendly way, we had everything explained to us, and were given keys to a lovely room. Spotless and tastefully decorated. We were then given some really useful tips about eating and drinking in Keswick with personal recommendations. The breakfast the next morning was amazing,not only was the presentation first class, but the food was to die for. The lovely touch of a " suprise" of chocolates for our last day really impressed us. We have already recommended it today many times at work and also to friends and family. We certainly hope to be going back again. Thanks again for great hospitality

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda M
Dear Linda and Paul,
Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure looking after you. I hope that you have enjoyed thee sightseeing around The lakes and that you returned with lots of memorable pictures. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Salisbury House at some point in the not too distant future. Warm regards, Peter.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Really can't fault it, lovely welcome and very accommodating to my dog and me, stylish spacious room, spotlessly clean and tidy, a stones throw away from the town centre and some of the most beautiful scenery and a fabulous breakfast. What more do you want from a B&B?

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Chris P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
Glen Rothay Hotel
The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant
LakeSide House
LakeSide House
#13 of 176 in Keswick

Been to The Salisbury Guesthouse? Share your experiences!