“Great nights stay”
Review of Squirrel Lodge

Squirrel Lodge
Ranked #139 of 189 Keswick B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Very nice nights accomodation. The room was big enough with a good comfortable bed and good tv. The shower was easy to use. The host was very griendly and the place is close to town and lots of rating options. Good value and accepted credit card

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed here for three nights. It was fine - very friendly and helpful approach and clean well equipped room. £198 for three nights twin room B&B seemed good value, with wifi too. The town centre is only a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank EnglandTom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Just back from a last minute, four night break at Squirrel Lodge. A most enjoyable stay. Pat is a very friendly and accopmmodating host, and cooks a superb bowl of porridge. The breakfast was first class (the menu even had Kippers!!) and the room was spotlessly clean and well equipped, with a powerful shower. You even get decent internet access. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LW733
Reviewed February 25, 2012

As is usual for me, I didn't have the foresight to book a B&B for my trip, and had a bit of difficulty finding a place to stay - it seems very few B&Bs in Keswick have single rooms, but luckily this one did.
The room was clean, warm and comforatble, with a TV, tea-making facilities and its own bathroom just down the landing. All in all, it was a nice place, with lots of homely features and at a very reasonable price - I'd certainly have no hesitation recommending this B&B.
The main town was just a couple of minutes walk away, with a small cinema, supermarkets etc, so the location was ideal for my needs. When I'm back in the area I'll call in again :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Christopher W
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have stayed at Squirrel Lodge 3 times over the last few months. On my first visit I likled the fact that the room had lots of little personal touches that made it feel like I was staying in someone's home, not their business. The room had a personality and I had everything I needed for my stay. Pat and her husband have always been very friendly and helpful and made me feel very safe and comfortable, especially as I was travelling alone.

Whether you have a full English breakfast or a bowl of proper porridge you will get a beautifully cooked and presented breakfast which was a great way to start the day. If I go back to the Lakes any time soon I will definitely book back into Squirrel Lodge

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Allyson M
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My friend and I had a busy weekend planned. We planned to do a few hikes including Blencathera and Scafell Pike and had no idea on how to go about them. Pat was extremely helpful when she let us into the room at 10:00 a.m. to drop off our heavy load and pointed us in the right direction with a book/map to Blencathera.

She gave us advice and shared stories of her and her husband's experiences climbing all of the mountains in Keswick. It was great to share experiences with someone else.

Additionally, the room was tastefully decorated and a great size for two people. The shower was probably the greatest thing in the world (especially after climbing in below zero weather). Every time we came back from a hike our beds were made (even some of our clothes folded and put away nicely). The towels were fresh and the tea was restocked. Breakfast was delicious with three choices for the main breakfast, and cereal, toast, and fruit.

We really enjoyed our stay, and Pat was a delight. I would highly recommend this for anyone traveling on a budget, who is there in Keswick to enjoy the outdoors.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela J
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at the Squirrel Lodge for 3 nights in a twin bedroom with a friend. It truly defined the vision of a cozy Lake District B&B. Pat was extremely accommodating and the breakfasts were DELICIOUS.

We arrived early Friday morning in order to begin a long hike up Blencathra. Pat welcomed us inside so that we could dump some of our gear. After learning about our intended destination, she pulled out a book giving us the best route up to the summit. Without having this book on the journey, we would've easily been lost on the trail as the weather turned bad fast.

In the mornings, I tried both the meaty and fishy breakfast options. I can honestly say you can't go wrong with either. The wonderful breakfasts really jump started our day and helped push us through our grueling daily hikes in the mountains.

Being able to come back after each hike to a comfy room with great decor was extremely relaxing. In fact, Pat even folded my stray shirts and scarves in addition to making the bed while we were out on the trails.

We received excellent advice about the weather and how to hike the mountains we were able to summit during the 4 day stay, including Scafell Pike.

I highly recommend staying at the Squirrel Lodge if you are looking for an amazing B&B located close to the greatest peaks in England.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends