“Reasonably priced but excellent quality”
Review of A Different Taste - CLOSED

A Different Taste
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I visited this excellent restaurant in Keswick once more and found that neither the service or the cuisine had altered since our last visit. The place is extremely airy and modern in its decor. Nice plate of olives to start with and then we decided to have a change from our usual fare. I had the chicken positano and my wife the vegitarian quiche both excellent and under a tenner!! A nice bottle of wine to accompany the meal. Whilst there is a small wait for the food to be served one doesn't mind as it is all cooked on the premises. Staff pleasant and courteous and this very high standard was maintained throughout our visit. Well worth a try for all those looking for a fine meal from a varied menu at very reasonable price.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I prebooked for New Years Eve 2012. The food was fantastic, probably one of the best meals I have ever had. The staff were attentive and friendly with a great atmosphere.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Booked on 30th December and paid the deposit for New Year's Eve from the menu and prices in the window but when we got there the price had been altered by hand and we were told this had been a printing error! We refused to pay the increased price but this spoilt the evening for us. The starter was lovely but the main course and dessert were pub grub standard. Service and ambiance were good but we won't be going again.

2  Thank Susan R
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Prebooked for new year eve, the restaurant was incredibly noisy difficult to speak to my wife. The food was rushed and my main was in like a small Sunday lunch. No beer on draft so can only buy expensive bottles or wine and to top it off the owner increased the price after we booked

1  Thank rayharry
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have been to Keswick many times but this is our first visit to a Different Taste. There were
four of us and we all loved it. The food was all gorgeous and very well presented and the staff who seved us were both lovely and helpful too. They all also did great irish coffees too and the prices were right for what we had. The restaurant was very nicely decorated and well set out- definately one of the nicest in Keswick. We all be going back on our next visit to Keswick.

1  Thank alibobsManchester