“Lush!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Cheap, friendly chippy! Looks dull and gloomy inside (could do with a revamp) but cheap and the food is lovely! I had soup and my boyfriend had the haddock and chips I tried both and wasn't disappointed at all.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Delicious fish and chips, whether eat in or take-away. My father-in-law from Lincolnshire made this restaurant an annual pilgramage, and it never disappoints. Good wholesome food, and ideal for a warm-up when fresh off the hills, or as a treat when shopping. Friendly staff, quick service and a fresh pot of tea. Like happyfeet445 says, can't understand the bad reviews. Good food at a good price.

1  Thank Cocidii
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Went with another couple, one half of us went in and the other two went to put another car park ticket on the car, the lady who wanted to take our order did not seem pleased that we had sat down when only half our party was there (there was no queue and there were other empty tables). When the rest arrive she wanted to take their order straight away and again was not happy that we weren't ready to order. Three meals came, the fourth arrived about 5 minutes later, we had given up waiting so 3 of us were half way through our meals as the fourth was just starting to eat. I would have their fish and chips again but I don't think I would ever bother with eating in again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My mate and I called in for a takeaway recently served up with decent chips, Smokey and fish. Unfortunately the trays they serve them in are of such a ridiculous size it was extremely difficult to eat them without losing some of the food onto the street or dripping curry sauce onto my clothing. My mate had to eat most of his fish before he could safely attack his chips without dropping half of it and trying to balance the smokey on top of the chips was a work of art in itself. No serve yourself salt and vinegar as the server puts it on behind the counter. I think he must have counted the grains of salt and drops of vinegar as I couldn't taste that there was any on at all If they bought some more suitable trays like most other chippies I've been into I'd have given them a 5* rating. I might have been eating them in the street but I still like to eat them in a semi civilised fashion. Even if they charged an extra 10p or so it would be worth paying.
Would give 5* for the food
and 0* for the above points made

1  Thank colgregg
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We come to keswick alot during the year and always come here for lunch. We receive a nice warm welcome from the girls always happy to chat even when busy which is most of the time. We choose to sit in the little down stairs restaurant as my husband is unable to manage the stairs. I dont understand the bad reviews i have seen they must have had a bad day, i how ever will see you all soon keep up the good work.