“Second and just as good as my first visit”
Review of Lakeland Spice

Lakeland Spice
Ranked #117 of 141 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was my second visit here and to be honest found it as good as my first visit.It was very busy but the staff were friendly and attentive and the food of an excellent standard and value so if in Keswick give it a try you will not be disappointed. It is a little more expensive than normal but well worth it.

1  Thank markdunlaoire

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had a lovely meal here, completely by accident! Keswick was very busy on this Sunday evening and we wandered into this restaurant hoping for a table. The staff were really lovely and very attentive. Very good value for money. We were very happy we wandered into this restaurant!

1  Thank SuzieL25
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am surprised at some of the reviews here.

I've been to this place a number of times over the years and have generally found the food quality to be of a high standard. Of course it hits the Indian cuisine made for English eaters but then that is it's target market.

This time we had the starter sharing plate between four of us and then I had the chicken Rogan Josh with rice and chicken tikka naan. With a couple of bottles of Cobra it went down very well.

It isn't cheap but not expensive either. In fact I haven't found a cheap eating venue in the the Lake District as a whole, it being a tourist haven and all. So looking at it sensibly this venue provides good value for decent quality fare and a pleasant eating experience.

My only negative note was the inside temperature which noticeably boosted throughout the evening - undoubtedly a trick to force you through more drinks. Though we asked for the front door to be opened and they kindly acquiesced.

Overall I would recommend.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

As visitors to the area, my wife and I chose Lakeland Spice partly on the strength of some of the other reviews. The staff were friendly enough and although attentive to the point of irritation at times, they were conspicuous by their absence and deafness when I was attempting to gain their attention!
The decor looked as if it had seen better days. The wall adjacent to our table was splattered with something - I chose not to examine this too closely to determine what this was.
Like Kevin Stewart, I have spend a good bit of my life enjoying the delights of Ocean Road but more recently, the even better food on offer at the many excellent Indian restaurants in and around Leicester. I may have been spoiled as a result, but we found the food at Lakeland Spice very inferior. I had a lamb tikka shahi off the "speciality" menu and this turned out to be a very disappointing bland brown mess. I found the sag baji side dish to be a greasy, overcooked splodge of slime. The best that can be said was that the lamb was tender. My wife was equally unimpressed with her tandoori mix grill.
I would be happy to pay the prices being asked for a good quality experience, but not for the dining experience that we had.

1  Thank Mike O
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband &I had the pleasure of dining at Lakeland Spice Cuisine of Keswick this evening and Sid & Syed and other staff displayed exemplary attention to service and detail and we were made to feel extremely welcome.The food was exceptional and the food knowledge displayed by staff was wonderful.We will be thoroughly recommending this restaurant to any visitors to Keswick.
Congratulations.