“Lovely food and great service”
Review of Lakeland Spice

Lakeland Spice
Ranked #107 of 157 Restaurants in Keswick
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The curries at Lakeland Spice were really tasty as were the popadoms and rice we ordered as acoompaniments. The menu was vast and I would have loved to try every curry they offer!

The service was fast and attentive and the only downside was the cost, however this was comparable with other Indian restaurants of this quality.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Have been before, due to the convenient location - it's an easily accessible curry house if you have just arrived in Keswick after a few hours driving and is within a short walking distance of a number of top quality pubs.

The staff are very friendly and helpful; my brother ate a chilli whole and they popped back a couple of times to check on him and get him some water.

After ordering, the pappadums came fairly quickly and we took our time with them. It took quite a while after we were finished until the main courses arrived. The curries themselves were fairly standard, with a bit less meat than you would expect and a bit more sauce, or in the case of the Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi, what seemed to be an insane amount of onions with 5 pieces of chicken. They were flavoursome though, the taste definitely wasn't an issue.

The biggest downside was the price, it wasn't an extortionate amount more than one would pay in the average curry house, but it was a few pounds more per person per main portion than I usually pay at a curry house. The papadums, chapattis and rice also featured similar high prices.

All in all, it's not the worst curry house I've ever been to, but it's certainly a long way below the best in terms of quality, value for money and speed of service. The front of house staff cannot be faulted however, which is what brought the final rating up somewhat.

1  Thank Zabuzan
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This restaurant was very full when we visited and after our meal I can see why it is so popular. The food was equisite. The service was friendly and efficient. Definately worth a visit.

1  Thank TONY_T_500
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Was recommended to try here and we really enjoyed it. Lots to choose from on the menu, (really liked what we chose - we could actually see what the sauces where made from) friendly service and would visit again.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My partner and I visited Lakeland Spice as a (last night in Keswick on holiday) treat. I'm used to paying much less for an Indian/Bangladeshi meal so I was expecting something really special. The meal was at best very average and because of the premium prices they charged, represented very poor value for money. Two pluses were the excellent service and the decor/music. This is a very popular restaurant but my advice would be to save your pennies and find a much cheaper place to eat!

1  Thank Gods0wnCounty