“Love this place...”
Review of Kat's Kitchen

Kat's Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 163 Restaurants in Keswick
Description: Hours: Mon-Sat- 08:00-20:00 (kitchen opens fully at 10:00 and closes at 19:00, drinks and cakes available from open to close) ; Sunday 10-4 (kitchen closes at 3) Kat's Kitchen is a vegan cafe although we still offer dairy milk for hot drinks. Each day we create a warm and friendly atmosphere where we hope you will enjoy great home-made meals, perhaps a slice or two of home-baked cakes or a treats. We always have 4 plant milks available; we make our own chai tea from whole spices in our slow cooker, Kat creates her own golden milk blend of turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper, you can chose from the menu or the team will create bespoke smoothies, hot chocolate and milkshakes. We have a selection of light bites (vegan BLT, avocado rolls, etc), soups, warming and filling home-made chillis, curries, dhals, pies, etc along with freshly prepared salads for the warmer weather or lighter option. Hope to see you in the cafe soon :) Kat & Team
Reviewed August 7, 2019

We come here every week for the gorgeous vegan fayre...
The food is delicious, the coffee and hot drinks are really lovely and don't even get me started on the cakes... Love!!!
The staff are friendly and helpful, the setting is homely, comfortable and relaxed... a real gem in keswick, we love it!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed August 4, 2019

Lovely laid back atmosphere when we visited for lunch, very friendly and helpful staff. The food was tasty and plentiful with a home cooked feel.

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Ok here’s the basics...
Dog friendly.
Cozy.
Friendly.
Good value.
Vegantastic.

We called in before heading out for a days walking and order a vegan breakfast and some coffee and tea.
The tofu scramble was lovely and the coffee nice.
A great place to eat, such a shame they aren’t open on an evening after finishing a day up the fells.

Reviewed July 31, 2019

I personally don’t think this cafe should be advertised as gluten free.

The gluten free options on the menu are meals that are naturally gluten free, such as curry and rice. The only think marked in the menu was a curry, when queried it seemed there was another couple of options which hadn’t been marked on the menu (again if you are advising you are gluten free please can you make it clear which meals are, it’s hard enough being the awkward one when going out for food) there was a GFO (gluten free option) as shorthand in a box at the bottom of the page along with GF VE V but this (GFO) wasn’t next to any of the food on the menu, again if you can amend a meal to gluten free it would be helpful for this to be on the menu.

I don’t personally enjoy curry and because there was no GF next to any of the salad (the waitress did advise they were but it wasn’t a risk I was personally willing to take). The rest of my family ordered and I would get something elsewhere as they had been looking forward to coming, there arn't many vegan cafes and restaurants in Cumbria.

I waited a while with them but then took myself to get some chips and wandered back to meet my family who would be hopefully finished. They weren’t, but I sat with them, they had spent over £20 on two lunches and I had bought a drink so I sat down with them on the outdoor seating area, park benches on the side of the road. They had waited a while longer for food and had only just started so I sat with my food.

Before my family had even finished eating a lady passing the table rudely told me I couldn’t eat my own food on the premises. I immediately apologised and closed my chips but the lady continued on and seemed extremely annoyed and confrontational about the situation. I do appreciate and completely understand the reasoning they don’t want people eating their own food of course, it was simply the way and what was said considering we were local paying customers it was just there was nothing on the menu for me to eat because of allergy's and I was quite hungry after an hour since arriving.

Really disappointing as my family really enjoyed their meals and the food did smell delicious but it really did upset us to be spoken to as if we had committed a criminal offence. It really did spoil what was supposed to be a nice afternoon.

Reviewed July 26, 2019

We have one Vegan and myself (transitioning Vegan) along with a family of non-vegans but every single one of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The variety of meals and flavour was incredible, and the staff just so lovely and attentive. It's just enough out the way from the main centre to be peaceful but by no means isolated. There's seating both inside and out and the options are endless. The carrot and ginger cakes were absolutely delicious, the ice cream incredibly smooth and creamy and main meals both satisfying and sophisticated. Would highly recommend for anyone, no matter your preferences in diet: it's simply just fantastic food!