“Not quite South American”
Review of Salsa Mexican Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
GB
“Not quite South American”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I went to the Salsa Bistro along with a party of five as we all fancied something a little different and Mexican seemed to fit the bill nicely. I personally felt the food to be it to be more of a Spanish Tapas bar portions than a Mexican restaurant with combination platters for two barely enough for one and quite small portioned Fajitas which certainly reduced the overall value of the meals. Also the atmosphere did not feel at all Mexican.
To sum up although it was an interesting concept we felt it was over priced and disappointing. I would therefore have difficulty in recommending the Salsa Bistro to the Trip Advisor members.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Per theatre meal”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I dined before a show at the theatre by the lake, we were greeted by friendly staff and made our order of olives to start, I had the daily special pizza (bacon, ham with barbecue sauce) my wife had bolognese. The olives came and they were excellent very fresh (if you like olives). My wife's bolognese came and it was cold. This was duly returned to the kitchen. Later it came back ... Boiling hot. Never mind better being hot. Apart from that it was all very tasty, so much I ordered a sweet, I had baked cheesecake, mmm nice . Overall good would visit again.

Keswick, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I dined at Salsa about a month ago for a friends birthday, we were a party of 17. The service we received was excellent & so was the food. Even though we were a large group all the food came at the sametime & there wasnt a massive wait. I had Chilli beef enchiladas & they were fab really tasty. Defo recommend the sangria too!

• Visited May 2012
yorkshire
“very good mexican food”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

we went early doors but locals and visitors a like were already enjoying the bistro. so might be better to book in high season.
food was very good, well priced for the keswick area. friendly staff.only thing that would inprove this bistrowould be a little more mexican atmosphere upstairs.

Cockermouth, Cumbria
“Waste of money and time”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Visited this restaurant with my daughter and husband arrived at 6.45 and ordered soon after got our starter (a garlic bread to share) at 7.30, and our main at 8.30.... the food was barely adequate and the service was shoddy. Not once did anyone apologise for the delay and the girls were more interested in an aquaintance we presume a fellow colleague. Two couples behind us were equally disappointed. The diet coke was flat and the table looked like it could do with a good clean. The door was open and people sitting outside were smoking and as my back was to the door I ended up smelling dreadfully of it and as soon as I got home had to change. We ended up not ordering dessert and found a lovely ice-cream bar round the corner - a completely different experience.. Will not be back until things change... Sorry but you need a complete revamp and reorganisation and a good clean in there! You have incredible views from the window seat you should be matching that with the service!