“Very good French Bistro”
Review of Deja Vu

Deja Vu
Ranked #3 of 156 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Unpretentious little bistro but the food was great particularly the fish soup, Good service.
All at a reasonable cost as well!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The food here never fails to disappoint and the 3 course deal is fantastic. If you are going a-la-carte, however, it is a little on the pricey side. All in all though well worth a visit!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have visited this restaurant 3 times. The first was fine but nothing special and the second was disappointing: both main courses were overdone, in one case burnt. I decided to give it another try and unfortunately it will be my last visit to Deja Vu. I like the concept of an interesting, set priced three course meal. However, the standard of cooking lets this place down. My main course of vegetable roulade was dense, tasteless and extremely unpleasant. It was nothing like a roulade should be. The trio of desserts looked beautiful but there were basic faults with the mousse. Service was perfectly adequate and brisk. The waitress politely asked if I had enjoyed my meal and, when I told her I did not, said she would feed back my comments to the chef. As I said, I won't be going back.

1  Thank Tash-Joy
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Excellent food and service right in the heart of town. Good fish, genuine owners and excellent service.

1  Thank Lynne P. T
Reviewed August 13, 2014

You can easily have 3 courses without having to pay any supplements. There are some great choices and specials menu. 16 main courses with only 6 having a supplement. We have paid a lot more than £17.95 for one course let alone 3!

I had black pudding salad topped with a poached egg, pork fillet (supp £4) wrapped in pancetta, with green beans & potatoes, 2 huge scoops of sorbet. My daughter had Camembert in brick pastry with salad, duck and the assiette of desserts.

It was really tasty, good music, just the right amount of time between courses. We will return!