“Tasty French cuisine”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

25 yards from Premier Inn lies this corner restaurant with 3 course menu for 14.95 GBPounds, and also wider selections. We were so impressed the first night that we came a second time. Value is terrific esp compared with adjacent pub food/quality. Warm goat's cheese salad and seafood salads were tasty, copious and beautifully presented. Pangasius fillet, hake on night 2, and Chicken/chorizo pot stew were excellent. Chocolate mousse and local strawberry ice cream were delicious. Definitely a superior restaurant!

2  Thank Kenneth W
There are newer reviews for Deja Vu

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visited this after reading reviews online, and cant disagree with any 4/5 stars, the bistro was nice and staff welcoming, we selected meals from the menu, they were tasty and warm.

The deserts were nice too,

Would recommend this to visitors

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was our first visit to Kendal and tonight was our final night here. We'd been recommended to Deja Vu and we weren't disappointed. The menu is extensive and interesting and the service was friendly. After I ordered, I saw other people's food coming out and it all looked so good I wondered if I should have chosen something else but when ours came we both really enjoyed it. Also, I thought it was such a good idea to have the option to have a mini dessert and coffee for a reduced price. I didn't have room for a full-sized dessert but it's nice to have just a little something sweet to finish with. If we come back to Kendal we would definitely go back to Deja Vu.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Ate here recently and, as on previous occasions, the meal was excellent. I had the black pudding starter followed by the duck breast - both were very tasty. My companions had risotto, confit duck and sea bass as mains (I forget the starters!!) and all commented that they had enjoyed them. The assiette of sweets also went down well. The atmosphere is congenial and the french waiter amusing, but helpful. I would suggest this is the best restaurant in Kendal at the moment.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

My family enjoyed a beautiful 3 course meal at Déjà Vu . Everything was absolutely perfect and all of us were impressed by the food, credit must go to the chef. Hope to return again when we next visit Kendal