All reviews home made cakes biscuits the river little touches porridge she loves full english banana cake on arrival places to eat and drink fresh milk home from home quality ingredients town centre breakfast was delicious extra touches local walks
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We stayed for 1 night on our way to Scotland and were made most welcome by Yvonne and Stuart.. Yvonne gave us very helpful advice about Kendal and where to eat.

Our room was warm and clean and the bed very comfy. We did find the bathroom a bit small but it was fine for 1 night.

Breakfast was delicious.

An ideal stop over spot in a quiet location with parking right outside.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I was lucky enough to stay for 4 nights here recently. During previous trips to Kendal I have stayed at the Travelodge just outside town, which was ok, but the location isnt to good. So I browsed the B&Bs available and decided on Lyndhurst , and I dont think I could have made a better choice.

Parking is available on street in the area, and usually i was able to park directly outside the house which was great. The town centre is about a 5 minute walk from the B&B, which is situated across a small side road from the River Kent, which was in full flow whilst I was there during the recent wet weather up in Cumbria

The hosts Stuart and Yvonne were very welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. On arrival Stuart gave me some tips on places to eat and drink in kendal, and also pointed out where NOT to eat and drink!! I'd been to kendal before a few times but this was useful nontheless.

I was in a double room which was excellent. The bed was too good....if you sat on it to watch Tv , you fell asleep within minutes!!! :-). the adjoining bathroom was fine - some people would perhaps say it was small, but it was more than adequate as far as I was concerned.

The Breakfast each morning filled me up for hours afterwards. I had the full Cumbrian brekky, with local sausage, bacon and eggs. I would say its the best b&b breakfast I have had in my many stays at B&Bs.

As I said to Stuart and Yvonne when leaving, this Tripadvisor is a great site but when you come across a really top notch hotel or B&B you have the dilemma of keeping it to yourself or letting everyone else know about it and perhaps making it so popular, its fully booked next time you want to stay there !!

Lyndhurst must be the best B&B in Kendal, certainly for the price you pay.

Welcoming Hosts , easily found and well located, comfortable and homely accomodation
and excellent food (not forgetting Yvonnes range of home made breads cakes etc)

I will definitely try booking Lyndhurst next time I am up in Kendal , and would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank dtraveller_8
Lyndhurst8, Owner at Lyndhurst Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2010

Thank you so very much for your kind words; they are greatly appreciated.

Each year during Kendal Mountain Festival, Lyndhurst Guest House is full of very pleasant and interesting people, and this one was no exception. We look forward to welcoming you, and all the other guests back to Lyndhurst for the 2010 Festival. It will certainly be a great pleasure hosting you again, when we will do our level best to live up to your review. Thank you again. Stuart & Yvonne

Reviewed October 5, 2009

We arrived late on Friday night having been stuck in 3 hours worth of traffic but still received a warm welcome from Stuart and Yvonne. We were ushered in to the lounge where we spent the next hour nattering like we had known each other for years. Despite Yvonne not being a 'native' of Kendal she is well versed on where to go and where not to go. The map she supplied came in very useful.
The room more than met our expectations. It was clean and bright and had everything you could need from tea and coffee facitilties to a proper hairdryer. The bed was huge (we could both starfish at the same time) and we had the most comfortable nights sleep in a long time. We had a lovely view of the river Kent and the digital TV was an added bonus.
Yvonnes breakfasts were second to none. We can highly recommend the full english and the porridge. The staff were very friendly and it seemed that nothing was too much trouble. If you are a cake person then I would recommend that you have a look through Yvonnes list. We came home with 4 different cakes that are all to die for. My favourite is her Squash and Ginger, but Gary prefers the Lemon Drizzle.
We enjoyed our stay immensley and can't wait to go back again soon (babysitters permitting)
We have no qualms about recommending Lyndhurst to anyone who is considering booking in.

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We stayed for three nights at the guesthouse, with our older boys. Yvonne and Stuart were very friendly, we were supplied with a map of Kendal and advice on the best places to eat locally, when we weren't eating our delicious breakfasts at the guesthouse. The full english was fantastic, with our vegetarian son well catered for. The alternative breakfast, Yvonnes' own recipe porridge was equally delicious. She also provided us with some delicious sandwiches, when we ordered them.
The rooms were lovely and clean and ensuite, and tea and coffee making facilities were provided.
The guesthouse overlooks the river, is in a quiet location, a little out of the town, which is well within walking distance. We had a wonderful stay, Yvonne and Stuart were great, we would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Lyndhurst Guesthouse to everyone.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Helpful welcoming hosts, comfy beds, yummy breakfasts and lovely homemade jams and breads. Would recommend.

Date of stay: September 2009