“Lovely stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Balcony house. We were made to feel very welcome with advice and maps about the area from Mandy. The decor of the B&B is beautiful and our room was gorgeous, clean and classy decor. I would recommend to any others staying in Kendal.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Balcony House had been recommended to me and I wasn't disapointed. My mother and I stayed there and we were made very welcome. The room was lovely and modern and very clean with everything you would need with extras to make you feel at home. The breakfast was the best I have ever had and Mandy and Brian went out of their way to welcom and accommodate us, the best B&B I've ever stayed at and will definitly be going back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We travel round the country and stay in lots of B&Bs and Hotels - and this is definitely one of the best, if not the very best.

Attention to detail is astonishing, every confort catered for. A warm welcome and very comfortable rooms. Very classy and tasteful decor.

Room Tip: I think there are three rooms, we stayed in the larger room this year and a smaller en suite last ye...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We drove to Kendal and found the B&B very quickly with the directions provided. On first impressions it was very clean, both Mandy and Brian were very welcoming. The room was lovely, views beautiful from the window. Everything you needed in your room and more extra touches. Furnishings to an excellent standard. We asked for directions to town and Mandy and Brian went the extra mike and actually took us!! There isn't anything I could say bad about The Balcony, its a beautiful B&B ran by fantastic people. Nobody would be disappointed and the breakfast is amazing! We'll be back in 2013 for sure. Thank you for making our stay so perfect.

• Stayed December 2012
London
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed one night but a lovely, friendly experience. Room was large and comfortable, especially if you are a cushion fan - good there was a sofa to put them on! Bed was great, lots of tea choices and some chocolate; shame I'd just eaten a big meal beforehand. The owners both have wonderful smiles and sound like they really work hard to make sure their guests have an enjoyable and relaxing time. Breakfast was large as you like and certainly enough for veggies, although if you have special requirements, you might want to let them know in advance (Mandy kindly bought some veggie sausages for me). As mentioned, it's not far from the train station (and the town itself), so it's ideal for those without their own transport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Mandy N, Owner at Balcony House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I felt I must respond to my 1st review of the new year. Thank you so much and a happy new year to all my guests past and those yet to come.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We were on a trip to Scotland and decided at the last minute to break it up with a night in the Lake District. Luckily, Brian and Mandy had a room free. We had a fantastic stay! They were both very welcoming to tired and hungry travelers, and after Mandy took some time to find us somewhere to eat, Brian even drove us there. The rooms were spotless and the decoration was just to my taste. We even got chocolates! I don't know what type of mattress they had but I rarely find one that comfortable when I stay away from home. The breakfast was lovely and plentiful, and Mandy was very patient and accommodating with my requests for cremated eggs. I'm recommending this to all my friends and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Mandy N, Owner at Balcony House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Mandy and Brian would like to wish all our guests past and present a happy christmas and new year. Thank you to you all for your kind reviews. Here's hoping for another great year of welcoming guests to our home.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the beginning of November. Normally do big impersonal hotels, so this break was out of our comfort zone but, thought we would give it a go since it got such good reviews. We are so pleased we tried it. If all B&Bs were like this we would use them all the time. Brian and Mandy could not have been nicer or more helpful. Room and facilities were spotless, breakfast to die for, kept us going all day and where else do you get eggs laid that morning by the owners hens??
Loved it, would happily stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
#2 of 42 in Kendal
Grizedale Lodge
Grizedale Lodge
#1 of 1 in Grizedale

Been to Balcony House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!