“Inspiring place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sonata Guest House

Sonata Guest House
Ranked #3 of 42 Kendal B&B and Inns
“Inspiring place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is a very special guesthouse run by a couple who try very hard to cater for their guests needs.I was very impressed with the choice of breakfast with a good variety including vegetarian.All in all I would recommend this guesthouse to anyone who wants a little home from home on Kendal.@

• Stayed September 2013
Inoka P, Owner at Sonata Guest House, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your very kind review. The hotel inspector came a few weeks ago and we were given a VisitBritain ‘Breakfast Award’! However the nicest thing is that you felt this was a home from home. Inoka and Chris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We had booked for a one night stay at short notice and we were glad to find a guest house within our price range. On arriving in Kendal, were rescued from the one way system by Inoka (we'd taken a wrong turning) and made to feel very welcome. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good. We should be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Inoka P, Owner at Sonata Guest House, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I am so glad you stayed with us. We would be delighted to see you again when you are next in Kendal – otherwise we may perhaps meet if we come to Durham, lovely Cathedral.
wigton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

You are told to go and get the parking permit in the booking confirmation, Chris offered to move his car so we could get parked nearer to the guest house. We were welcomed at the door by Inoka & Chris. After a little chat we were taken to our room. It was a twin room, we were there for the Torchlight procession, the room was quite small with the two beds but perfectly adequate and very clean, good size bathroom and a good choice of tea/coffee. Breakfast the next day was delicious - fresh fruit cereals etc to choose from, followed by the best full English breakfast I've ever had in a hotel or B&B not a speck of grease and great flavoured bacon/sausage. If I was going to nit pick - when we were in the bedroom sitting talking rather than in the lounge, there isn't room for a chair, Im happy to sit on the bed, but you couldn't lean back as the picture light was right at head level, but that as I say is a very minor thing, and I would definitely stay again. From chatting with Inoka she said they haven't been in the B&B business for long, so well done you have got it just right. Inoka also let us keep the parking permit whilst we went shopping the next day and we dropped it back in when we returned to the car laden with bags.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review.
I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast and last week we received the ‘Breakfast Award’ from VisitBritain, the UK tourist board. I think we may be the only B&B to have this award within 3 miles of Kendal town – so we are really happy.
We are hoping to refurbish the top floor rooms next year and will include a chair for both top floor rooms and move the bedlights – as you say minor points, but valuable feedback for us.
We hope to see you again at the next Torchlight procession.
Wrecsam, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

On arrival at sonata we were greeted by Inoka who welcomed me by my first name(nice touch).we were shown to our room even though it was not ready to occupy because we were early to make sure it was OK.Inoka then gave us a map of the town and other maps were available. The host was very good providing information on where to go and what to see.room was very clean and very warm just what you need on a very cold November weekend.stayed two nights and I must say the breakfast is probably the best I have ever had(full English) would not hesitate to stay here again,loved it.bowness on Windermere about 15 mins drive Kendal town center 5mins walk

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John E
Inoka P, Owner at Sonata Guest House, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hi John,
Thanks for the review. Hope the weather was OK on your drive home. Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. On your next visit to Kendal perhaps, you can go to Dales as well. Hope to see you again in the future.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My partner, David and I, spent one night here in September and I have to say it was fantastic. Inoka and Chris were so welcoming and the attention to detail was a breath of fresh air. The bedroom was lovely as were the sitting and dining rooms. The breakfast exceeded all expectations (including Inoka's white egg omlette!) and when we ever come to Kendal there is nowhere else we would stay. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JO R
Inoka P, Owner at Sonata Guest House, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks David & Jo and I hope you do come back, your both very welcome. I’m so happy David that you liked my egg white omelette – it was the first time I had made this. It’s good to get such positive feedback from an expert  Since then I’ve made this for myself – delish!
Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We only had one night at the Sonata, but very impressed with the welcome. Inoka's friendly attitude did not go unnoticed and in the morning she was same to all guests. At better breakfast we could not have asked for and we both wished we had booked here for the duration of our visit to the lakes. Exceeded expectations in aspect, especially as it was booked short notice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Inoka P, Owner at Sonata Guest House, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hi Paul & Dawn, thank you very much for taking the time to review The Sonata. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Sonata and hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.
Best wishes
Dunkeld, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

From the moment I arrived I knew this would be a greaat place to stay simply by the welcome I received. My room was very comfortable and my one night stay was rounded off by a great breakfast. All of this for a very good value for

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Hi Michael,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to review the Sonata. I'm glad that you had a nice time in Kendal at the birthday party and enjoyed our breakfast, although it was a short break. Hope to see you back again in the future.

Best wishes