“Excellent Indian Restaurant”

India Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 156 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ideal for romantic meal and business meating or family meal, we cater for partys for birthdays wedding
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We travelled to Kendal specifically for this restaurant due to the good reviews here on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service very good indeed. We had a chance to chat with the owner who was very engaging and pleasant to say the very least, a lovely, kind and generous young man.

Next time we are in the Lake district we will certainly pay another visit. Thank you for a lovely dining experience.

Please note* There is a car park within a 100 yards from the restaurant.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Visited the restaurant last night with some friends - this is the third time I have been here in the last few months & each time the food & service exceeds all expectations - lovely flavours, generous portions, freshly cooked good quality produce, great house wine & served by the efficient & very knowledgable waiters - twho are more than happy to help you choose the perfect meal for your individual tastes - even if its not on the already extensive menu !

We were all so impressed we have booked to go again in a few weeks (we usually go somewhere different each time we have a get-together but decided to return here next time as this was one of the best indian meals we have had).

Having looked at the recent reviews I can't understand the (only) negative review - were they really eating at the same place as us - I don't think so !!!

I can only think that perhaps they are from a rival establishment that knows it can't compete with the excellent food on offer at 'India' & I think their review should be disregarded.

I'm already looking forward to my next visit there - well done 'India'.

1  Thank PennySteve
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We visited the India restaurant on Halloween because of the favourable reviews on this site. I am taken aback by the poor review written a few days earlier stating it is not authentic Indian food. As I am neither Indian or ever been to India I am in no way qualified to say either way.

All I can say is that our meal was delicious, presented in an attractive manner, sizzling and served very quickly. What is almost unique about this establishment is that Jay took the time to visit every table in turn and chat with the diners, enquiring if everything was to their satisfaction. This was a real personal touch that other restaurant owners could take a lesson from. This demonstrated great customer satisfaction and care drills to me.

What was unexpected is that Jay even discounted our bill as some of the chicken was not to our liking, again demonstrating that he really did want the customer to be fully satisfied. I have to say there was absolutely nothing wrong with the chicken, it was just too spicy for our tastes. He also took great care in suggesting what sauce would be suitable for our dishes according to our spice/heat tolerance.

I could easily recommend this as simply the best Indian restaurant that I have ever been to.

Well done Jay and we will definately visit you again the next time we are in Kendal.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled across India Restaurant when visiting Kendal and were very glad we did, it was perfect pre-fireworks display food! There was so much choice and we picked very well! We both had starters and mains that we had never had before and they were all flavoursome. The waiters were both very friendly and helpful and the bill was very reasonable. We'd love to come back one day!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I am.indian too i eat here regularly and it is pure authentic food and evertying is cooked fresh i dont know what the other guy is talking about the service food and atmosphere is beyond excellent.