“Very quaint”

1657 Chocolate House
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Kendal
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very nice to visit for a speciality hot chocolate. Stairs very difficulty if you have any mobility problem really not suitable

1  Thank maggie78-11

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited Kendal on a very cold windy day just after the heavy fall of snow in late March. What a gorgeous place to find! It looks so quaint from the outside we just had to go in. Tempting chocolate treats meant we spent a happy hour or so at a lovely table just by the window & my hubbie particularly enjoyed the hot chocolate. I enjoyed a plain coffee - very good quality & taste. At 6'3" my husband had to avoid the beams at times but even if he had bumped his head (he didn't) it would have been worth it!!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We came to Kendal on a day trip and as I'm a huge chocolate lover I just had to come here! The shop is wonderful and quaint down a lovely cobbled street. The inside feels like you have been transported back in time which I loved. The selection of hot chocolate drinks was pretty amazing and at a great price too, especially when you compare it with major highstreet brands! Not only is the chocolate amazing but the names are too, we had the 'Original Aztec Experience' (five spices) and 'Slave Trader' (banana) both of which were delicious, would most definitely return.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have always managed to find something for who ever I've been looking for, and often found my self buying something sweet sticky or both for myself, always busy so it has to be good, its a joy to return.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

visited the 1657 chocolate house was lovely you could choose loads of hot chocolates i had the strawberry Eminence gorgeous just down the stairs there is a chocolate store i bought a box of 16 chocolates which was presented in a gorgeous butterfly box really nice place friendly staff would definitely visit again!!!