“lovely meal”

Cuisines: European, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

went last saturday. Dropped in on the off chance. did not think we needed to book. Expected 'normal/local pub' pleasantly surprised. they found us a table for 2. really nice food, lovely surroundings. meals were huge, me and hubby both had starters. could not finish main. 2 bottles of wine, staff attentive and friendly. they were setting up for breakfast setting but said we were fine to sit in restaurant area to enjoy our wine rather than move to pub bit. would reccomend/ return

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Shame eaten hear often not good idea to eat here Sunday evening . Husband had roast ok potatoes re heated and bouncy beef ok but tasteless . I had quorn chilli with 5 beans not very much of it really dried up , rice ok . Told waitresses not bothered said oh will pass on . Shame won't be back for a while too many other places to go .

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Very good food / ales / wine and service. Frequented this Inn whilst staying at "The Glen" Guest House. Easy 200 yrd Walk from accommodation.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We chanced upon this fine hostelry after deciding to eat out rather than in our hotel (see my review of The Whoop Hall).

On arrival at the bar we asked the girl serving on if we could order food, she said it was about 5 minutes to the cut off time so she would check with the chef. She returned a few minutes later to say it was okay to order, we chose our meals one of which was a vegetarian option, ordered drinks and were allocated a table. The girl who served us was called Charlotte, she was extremely polite and obliging.

The meals arrived within 10-15 minutes and were both excellent, my gammon was cooked to perfection and my wifes cheddar and leek pie was very tasty. Vegetarian optons are very often only token additions to a menu but this one was superb.

After our meal and further drinks I went to pay my bill at the bar, this time the landlord served me, he asked if everything had been okay and how we had heard about his establishement and made general friendly and polite conversation. A complete contrast to our hotel experience.

He even advised me of a better route to take back to our hotel.

We will definitely eat here again whenever we are in the Kendal area.

It is also family friendly as there is an outdoor play area.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at The Premier Inn at Kendal for three nights and the young lady on reception when asked recommended several real ale and food pubs of which The Station was one. What higher praise can you give than to say we ate here all three nights of our stay. Well kept real ale and delicious food. I had 1. Gammon 2. Scampi 3.Steak Pie and my beloved reported that the lamb shank was outstanding. The staff were really nice and helpful and concerned that you were happy. Can't recommend it highly enough.