“Our favourite cafe”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Our favourite cafe”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We regularly eat at the 2 sisters cafe. Magda and Monika always give you a very warm welcome , provide a relaxed atmosphere and are excellent cooks . Whatever we choose to eat we're never disappointed. In the morning the breakfast is superb. Their is a varied lunch menu, including a choice of thick tasty soups which are excellent value and in the afternoon their are delicious cakes to tuck into. Still our favourite place in Cumbria.

3 Thank jennywren231

• Polish first
Kendal, United Kingdom
“bug in my food!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

had the chicken burger for lunch today which was ok but I found a bug in it!! took it back to the counter only to get a SORRY....not good enough. should offer a refund or replacement at least wont be going back.

3 Thank ali b
Monika L, Owner at 2 Sisters Cafe at Plumgarths, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear ali b, I'm really sorry again for that situation,
You showed me a small fly (no bug!) and still alive! on your salad leaf. That very surprised me, as I've explained you, we use prewashed sealed salad leafes, and don't really know how possible anything could get into, but I did apologised for that, also what I didn't tell you but I thought you might realize that as well, it was hot summer day you've came, seated on the bench table, next to opened window and front door and it's really possible the small fly get into your plate during eating! I know it's nothing nice but that might happen and I'm really sorry again but dont really know what we could do about it apart apologies you, replacement?? - but You've eaten everything! I've cleared empty plates!
Anyway I'm very very sorry again! and as We small family business, working very hard to make all of our customers happy and satisfied, if you wish to give us another chance and visit 2sisters again, we will give some refund for that.
Ingleton, United Kingdom
“Loved it”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went here on the strength of reviews and they are quite right.
Lovely place to have lunch. The staff are very pleasant, friendly and helpful. I had chicken burger after which I couldn't eat anything else and my wife had tuna salad which was a huge plateful of excellent quality food. Needless to say, we hope to return.

3 Thank JungerSchwung
lancs
“Off the Motorway Food”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Just a few miles off junction 36 on the M6.Stopped for drinks and a sandwich as we were travelling further north. Very clean,good choice of snacks and main courses and staff very friendly.

3 Thank edenLancs
Cumbria
“Fantastic Lunch Venue”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Visited the 2 Sisters Café yesterday for the first time - what a find!! The food was lovely - Panini and cake/desert with fabulous coffee. The cakes are gorgeous - I don't think I've seen a chocolate cake so deep. Well worth a visit - we will certain return - only 10 minutes from home.

2 Thank TheDsCumbria