“Easter Get Away”

Crooklands Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kendal
“Easter Get Away”
Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for some R +R. Stayed in room 11 on the ground floor, all ok with the room, if only one very small complaint, it is that the shaving mirror in the bathroom could do with replacing, both sides have lost there mirror finish right in the middle. Food here is of a very good standard, with a fine wine list to complement it, and the black sheep ale is well kept. Staff very friendly and helpful, I could even personaise my breakfast. Ample car parking a plus too. Really enjoyed our break, please pass on our thanks to all the staff.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Reviewed March 25, 2012 via mobile

We use this hotel whenever we are in the area on business and every time we have been very happy with the staff, excellent food and comfortable rooms.
Highly recommended to anyone visiting the area

Stayed February 2012
Hemel Hempstead
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times now, the bedrooms are comfortable although bathrooms could do with updating. A good choice and well presented evening meal, and a particularly good, and piping hot breakfast! The staff are helpful, the bar lacks atmosphere but does serve real ale! Free wi-fi throughout, but on both of my visits this was poor, unless actually sat in reception.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have stayed at Crooklands in the past so I did not hesitate to book again when I needed to stay near Kendal.
I always rated this hotel highly, but it seems to have just got better.
All the staff are friendly and helpful, I had some difficulties getting an internet connection but this was sorted out without delay.
The rooms are of the highest standard with everything you could need.
I've seen negative comments about the cost of food, I just don't agree. All the food is freshly made and of the highest standard and good portion sizes, I've never been disappointed. The prices are fair, and I've certainly paid more for awful food at other hotels I have stayed at.
It will remain my number one choice when staying in this area and I could not recommend it more highly.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dave K
Durrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Crooklands is extremely easy to find, just off J36 of the M6, and a perfect place for us to stopover en route to Scotland. The room was compact and had everything you could really want for an overnight stay. Refreshingly, there was a window in the bathroom, nice toiletries and tea & coffee facilties. The room was very clean too. Note that the bed is a double and not king size.

The hotel felt new and modern and the reception area was very airy and bright making it feel quite expensive. We had dinner in the restaurant though we had the option of having it in the bar too. The restaurant was the best option since there were a number of parties going on and the bar was very busy. The bar staff were very efficient and there was a minimal wait for drinks. You can charge everything to your room if you wish. The dinner was hot and good quality though we found the staff actually too attentive. We felt slightly rushed in their enthusiasm to clear the table and ask us if everything was ok and did we require anything else. This isn't necessarily a negative thing but good service has a balance to it and I am sure this will be learnt in time. Breakfast was a wide choice of continental and full English. I felt it was probably on the hotplate for a while but that seems to be the norm these days.

All in all it was a very pleasant stay and I would stay there again if visiting Scotland.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
stranraer, scotland
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We arrived to a lovely looking hotel with ample space for car parking, although it is in the middle of nowhere.

We stayed here on the way home from London as a stop off and were looking just to relax and sit back for a day/night. We were not disappointed. We had a few drinks in the bar which was lovely with a coal fire so was very cosy. We then took a bus into Kirkby Lonsdale for a few hours and back to the hotel at night for tea. Tea was lovely,was a bit dearer than average but was lovely so was worth it. As was breakfast the next morning which set us up for the day!

Overall this was a great place to stay but a bit out of the way.

• Stayed November 2011
Charles012, Owner at Crooklands Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
Thank you it is always good to hear when guests enjoy their stay with us, we are as you say 5/6 miles from Kendal, although years ago the A65 route to Kendal which is the one that we sit used to be the main route into Kendal from yorkshire. See how things have changed but on a Positive note we are now only ONE Mile from the M6 Junction 36 which makes the Hotel an ideal stopping off point from the South to the North or vice versa. Thank you once again,I will look forward to meeting you when you return.
Yours Charles
Hotel Proprietor,
aberdeen
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stumbled across this place heading down from Aberdeen to Birmingham on our motorbikes, tried to book on laterooms but had issues so rang them and the lady could not be more helpful, it was a last minute booking. easy to find and just a mile or so from M6. Turned up, plenty if parking and the lady let us leave our bikes right in front of reception which kept my partner happy.

She offered up a standard room at £86 or a budget room at £70, and said she would show me the rooms and let me decide. Well the standard room looked very nice from what I seen and when she showed up the budget room (room 6) it looked fine too so we went with the cheaper room. I seen someone has complained about this room but to us it's fine, clean bright and airy, lovely comfortable bed. Has a old style tv but picture is clear and has free view so that's fine. Wifi is free in the room and works well. We ordered room service , lady was helpful and food arrived promptly. We had scampi and it was lovely, nice big portion too.

Can't really find any fault with this hotel and I would definitely stay again. Staff have all been lovely.

• Stayed November 2011
Charles012, Owner at Crooklands Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Fantastic just what we like to hear, as a family business we put a lot of effort into pleasing our customers which we hope will entice them back to stay with us again and again. We are pleased that you found Room 6 up to standard, and the food prepared from our kitchens wholesome and plentyfull. Great News. Thank you .

Charles & June
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
#7 of 14 in Kendal
The Furness Railway Hotel
The Furness Railway Hotel
#1 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness

Been to Crooklands Hotel? Share your experiences!