“Pleasant one night stay”
Review of Riverside Hotel

Riverside Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Kendal
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Pleasant one night stay”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Last minute stop over during May Day bank holiday Sunday night, bargain price £77 for me and my wife incl breakfast, let us use the car park way before we checked in.
When we checked in it was speedy and no nonsense, room was good size and clean.
TV was large , although short of a lot of free view channels , but enough to watch an hour at end of day, bed was two twins pushed together but comfy, would defo stay again if in the area.

Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Eric M
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for visiting us on a last minute break and for this 5-star review! I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. A word on the Freeview channels; ever since the digital switch-over, we have been hoping against hope that every time we re-tune we will pick up the few channels we have lost. Thus far, we have not fared well! Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
South Yorkshire
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We are a family of four with two small children aged 4 and 18 months. Due to work we were late arriving on a Saturday night. Check in was smooth and the receptionist was so helpful. The room could not have been better placed, literally feet from the bar so that with the use of baby monitors we enjoyed an hour in the bar to ourselves. The hotel is conveniently located in the town centre 15 mins from Windemere and 10 mins to the motorway. We ate in the bar on our second night. The food was excellent and despite an arrival of dozens of foreign guests the bar staff couldn't have been more helpful. I would definitely recommend regardless of your travelling status

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank foxy218
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
We were so pleased to read your review; thanks for visiting and recommending us to others! Thanks for your kind words about our staff too; they really appreciate it! Do come up and visit us again.
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I pitched up right outside, on a motorcycle. This isn't usually a recipe for instantly great service, it's surprising today how motorcyclists are viewed, even when it's obvious I'm travelling on company business. Anyway, the lady on reception couldn't have been more helpful & understanding if I'd arrived in a Roller or a Ferrari. Fantastic service.

The room I had was on the third floor, high enough to give great views & I was pleasantly surprised to note that the hotel's built so most if not all rooms look out over the river. The room was a good size, clean, quiet, well appointed, everything you'd want.

The lady behind the bar was on hand as soon as I walked in, I have no idea where she was before I arrived, but I was certainly noticed & the service was impeccable. The local beer is wonderful & it's a good job for my liver that it's not available close to home!

Breakfast is a buffet affair with service for drinks. It's as good as I've had anywhere & much better than a lot I've suffered!

I was even able to leave my 'bike gear in the hotel while I walked to my meeting in town, to save me getting all dressed up for a two minute ride. Can't ask for anything better than that.

All in all, a lovely hotel, great staff, tasty beer, what's not to like?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Phil B
We really enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for posting it and for visiting. You are quite right about our rooms, all of them overlook the River Kent and are most comfortable after a day of meetings, or doing the tourist thing! I'm glad you enjoyed your breakfast and beer selection, not necessarily at the same time! Hopefully we'll see you again when business brings you our way again.
Cheshire
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my husband for my birthday in January. Lovely location on the riverside, even saw a little otter having a swim in the river from our room! Rooms are a little dark and dingy but clean and comfy beds too. Good facilities, we used the steam room, pool and jacuzzi and the changing rooms were clean and the shower good.
The food in the restaurant was delicious, a good choice on the menu and really nice cheeseboard! staff arranged a bottle of champagne on arrival for our dinner at my husbands request and wished me happy birthday! A nice treat!
Locally kendal is lovely with a good few shops and pubs, a nice weekend in all!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank zachara
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Nice review thank you. We are pleased you chose to celebrate your birthday with us too. The otter is a frequent passer-by and we always enjoy when he/she visits. Thanks for mentioning how you enjoyed your dining experience with us as well; that will bring a smile to the chef's face! We hope you'll come up and see us again.
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Came here on a groupon deal, assumed it might be a bit shabby as some of them can be but was pleasantly surprised! Really clean and modern decor, were upgraded to the Kendal Castle Suite, another lovely surprise and it was wonderful. Restaurant is nice and staff were really friendly. Little Spa is nice, only a bit marred by the one to one swimming lessons for kids but even then the instructor was appreciative about other people and the kids were well behaved. Lovely views of the town and river, had a lovely evening out in the town and day shopping. Really enjoyed and will definitely find an opportunity to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LynneClarke
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Really nice review thank you very much. The 5-star rating has gone down well with all the staff too! I'm happy you were pleasantly surprised by the hotel and facilities; and Kendal has quite a bit too offer as well. We'll look forward to welcoming you back.
northeast
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I booked under the 2night dbb offer and they added our 20mth old daughter free. Included cot and meals. Lovely view over the river, large comfortable room, enough for all of us!! The staff were very friendly and brilliant with our little girl, lots of attention at dinner and breakfast and they even provided some supper for her when I asked. Lovely walk into centre of Kendal and short journey to Windermere and Bowness. Will definitely book to go again. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank northernlass02
Thank you for visiting us; it was our pleasure to host your family. Thanks also for posting this nice review as well! Everyone is so pleased to read your kind comments and your daughter made it easy to make a fuss over her! Until the next time, take care.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

right next to the river with view from your window of the kendal castle perched high above this interesting pretty market town with great shops pubs and restaurants and loads of country walks to sizergh, levens or the limestone scar above the town with great views to the Lythe Valley. Rooms were spacious the staff helpful brekky tasty and theres a warm small swimming pool and free parking to leave your car safely out of the way of traffic wardens So handy for the train station or the bus station from where you can get the open top bus right up to bowness, ambleside and grasmere, or explore further to ullswater, coniston or the imnposing sounding dungeon ghyll with a change at windermere (10.30 for an all day ticket covering all lancashire and cumbria stagecoach busses).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank stevemasonnz
The_ManagerSLH, Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for visiting and for the 5-star review! I'm happy you enjoyed are central location with easy access to great Lake District attractions. Thanks for mentioning are lovely staff too; they appreciate it! Do visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kendal
North Lakes Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite
Stonecross Manor Hotel
Stonecross Manor Hotel
#7 of 13 in Kendal

Been to Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!