“Tapestry exhibition”

The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre
Ranked #7 of 42 things to do in Kendal
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm no expert at any form of needlework but I could not help but admire the quality of the needlework on the panels on display. They have my admiration!

Bridget G, General Manager at The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

This is good to hear - thank you for your response. It is true that you don't need to know anything about embroidery to appreciate the panels. I know that many visitors are not sure of what to expect when they visit the exhibition and many do find that this is certainly much more than just a Tapestry!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We visited on a Sunday evening in June to watch a taster/scenes from an upcoming production about Lady Ann Clifford.The performance was excellent as were the costumes!

1  Thank Roger D
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I planned a trip to the Lake District to see the Quaker tapestries but they were on exhibition elsewhere so I was not able to witness them. Their web site may not always warn of such possibilities in adequate time so it may be best to call and inquire about upcoming dates.

3  Thank mjrg59
Bridget G, General Manager at The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I was sorry to hear that you didn't see the Tapestry panels.... perhaps you visited on a Sunday when we are closed? The majority of the Quaker Tapestry is on display here at the Meeting House in Kendal even though several of the panels are travelling around the country. The travelling exhibitions allow many more thousands of people to view some of the Quaker Tapestry, which often ispires them to visit Kendal to see more of the beautiful and colourful panels of embroidery. I hope you do manage to see it one of these days.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I found exhibition very interesting but don't have anything to eat there! My mum and another relative visited over a week ago and they're still not feeling 100% my mum and auntie still have upset stomachs! It's a shame there visit was spoilt!

1  Thank KipCom
Bridget G, General Manager at The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We are sad that your mum and auntie had stomach upsets but have doubts that our 5 star hygiene rated fully vegetarian cafe could be the source of the problem. We have never ever had a complaint to investigate so think the tummy upsets must have had a different cause. We hope they are feeling better now.
Quaker Tapestry team

Reviewed August 30, 2013

For anyone who has an interest in embroidery, it is a must see with a variety of completed works. The staff are exceptionally friendly.

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit.
Quaker Tapestry Team