“Exhibition great - and cafe even better!”

The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre
Ranked #7 of 42 things to do in Kendal
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The exhibition is excellent - the tapestry panels are lovely - but we would especially recommend the cafe. Really nice vegetarian food and possibly the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. Thanks!

There are newer reviews for The Quaker Tapestry Exhibition Centre

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Had lunch in the cafe last week- gluten free options very helpful staff lovely food.
Visited the exhibition a couple of years ago and found it so interesting and the work that had gone into it. It tells the history of the quakers -

1  Thank Tigerlove50
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was a brilliant exhibition. all the staff are very knowledgeable about any questions asked and all the tapestrys are well worth seeing. A real find and not to be missed.

1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed July 12, 2012

A superb collection of samplers and tapestries . I went with my wife and was prepared to be bored. However the richness and variety of the work on display was very interesting. Worth a visit....lovely cafe with outside seating....

2  Thank BAZPOS
Reviewed June 3, 2012

The tapestries are an amazing project - a great piece of art done with great flair and skill. There is a lot to see here but... the panels are in a relatively small area, so it gets quite congested if there is any number of people visiting and the detail on them invites close study. So a visit can be a bit frustrating. Also, although there is a commentary, I found it was not sufficient (or maybe too much) to enable me to grasp the significance of what the panels shows - my knowledge of Quaker history is not good enough (although I know quite a lot, which is one reason why I decided to visit). So, an interesting display, worth seeing. But, for me and those with me, a bit frustrating.