“Great coffee”

Charlie's Cafe Bar
Ranked #41 of 156 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Set in a historic grade II listed building, Prince Charlie's House, we offer an excellent menu choice from all day breakfasts, local beefburgers, specials of the day, soup, sandwiches and a fantastic range of biscuits, tray bakes and sweets made on the premises. We have a lovely secret garden with an awning for you to enjoy all year round. High chairs are available, baby changing facilities and children's menu with colouring sacks to keep young ones entertained. Well behaved pets welcome.
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Had coffee & toast here recently.Good coffee and toast & butter wonderful. Service was friendly & efficient. Only problem is finding somewhere to park in Kendal.

3  Thank Lakeland5

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband and I were in Kendal and fancied a bit of lunch. The fact that the cafe was heaving was a good sign! There is a comprehensive menu displayed on the way in. Then, a little wait to place the order at the counter, which was efficient and friendly.
I ordered salmon and scrambled egg on a toasted bagel, with a salad. Hubby ordered fish finger butty with fries, tartare sauce and chips. I couldn't finish my scrambled eggs. There must have been half a dozen eggs in it - piping hot and just the way that I like my scrambled eggs. We shared a cafetiere of coffee. The bill came to around £17.00. Perhaps a little bit expensive, but for the portion sizes, reasonable.

2  Thank welshlady13
Reviewed August 18, 2012

In fairness my wife likes this place. Enthuses about the fact that her jacket potato is filled with plenty of prawns - but then why shouldn't it be when it costs six quid. I dont mind paying extra for quality but a heated up potato and a defrosted bag of prawns isn't exactly Egon Ronay. Which brings me to the cheeseburger I had costing £7.50. It was processed meat, the grains on the mince were non existent and I could have got this burger from the van 100 metres away from the premises. Even tesco's or Sainsburys would sell you a handmade steak burger for £1 - add the cost of the frozen French fries and you've still got a gross profit of £6. Come on stop making a Charlie out of these gullible Cumbrians and play fair.

1  Thank friday07
Reviewed August 6, 2012

A lovely little cafe, great home made food, a little pricey and very busy at times but would definitely recommend here! ++

1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Friendly service and good hearty food for a big lunch. Lots of choice and was nice and fresh tasting. Particularly enjoyed selecting own piece of cake for pudding.