“castle dairy”

Castle Dairy
Ranked #18 of 155 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Castle Dairy Restaurant and Art Gallery offers a unique dining experience in Kendal’s oldest inhabited building. Staffed by Kendal College apprentices and watched over by chef Chris O’Callaghan, the restaurant provides exceptional food, surrounded by local art work, in a truly unusual setting.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant. The portions don't look much but by the time you have finished you are well satisfied and each portion is very well presented.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

A fantastic evening. The menu is small but varied with something for everyone. The food is excellent with the desserts equalling Michelin starred restaurants I have visited. A very friendly service with knowledgeable information. My small and very petty problem is with the lighting. The venue is fantastic and you can feel the age of the building but they have bright unsympathetic lights for the art on the wall. despite this I will definitely return.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We found this restaurant through Trip advisor and are glad we trusted other peoples reviews. Just in Kendal for a day with the dog and we weren't sure we would be able to eat there but they were very welcoming as it was quiet. The food was very well presented and I have paid a lot more for food of this quality elsewhere. The waitress was helpful without being overbearing and very knowledgeable about the house and local area, providing us with several recommendations. The pea and mint ravioli that I had was absolutely gorgeous and my other half was impressed with the quantity and taste of his stuffed peppers given its £2.50 pricetag from the bar menu. Thankyou :)

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

When I was told I was going out to a restaurant staffed by apprentices I nearly decided to drive home early instead. Thank goodness I didn't. Excellent food and service in a really interesting building. Lovely appetizers delicious choice of breads unusual choices. Not a huge menu but then i would rather small and well cooked than lots of mediocre.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Saturday evening's tasting menu was a joy. Beautifully presented, well served and really tasty. I particularly liked the smoked salmon & caviar cones and the truffle scented custard. Excellent choice of wines to accompany the courses. Our whole party agreed it was a night to remember and the ideal choice for a 30th birthday celebration

1  Thank Barbara I