“H,dacre”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Pleasant greeting,friendly atmosphere warm and cosey
A very tempting menu to cater for all
I choice to have the locally source rabbit casserole served with dumplings which came with new potatoes and vegetables and a very suffient portion presented well tasted divine bonless and shot free, highly recommend all the other diners were impressed with the standards would deffo go again thank you punchbowl x

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Ate here when in the area for a mates birthday, started the night here with a group of us, we were a little rowdy but the waitress handled us well, keeping us in order without spoiling the fun... We all ordered starters, thinking we needed a full belly for our night out, then came the mains, between us we sampled the fish n chips, which comes on a cool looking plate, that mimics a real fish n chip box, but in porcelain, steak n ale pie, rump burger, chilli con carne, stuffed pepper and a salmon n prawn tagliatelle.....all of which were huge in size and really tasty, so nice to find a pub that sells home cooked food. Decent range of cask ales, and for a pub, a good choice of wines. All the staff dealt with us brilliantly, we usually end up annoying staff wherever we go, boys will be boys.....well done Punch Bowl!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Punch Bowl for 2 nights in mid October and can honestly say nothing but good about our stay.

Lovely little touches in the rooms that made all the difference in making us feel welcome.

Ate both nights in the pub - food was excellent!! As was breakfast!

Staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly! Even the cleaner in the morning at breakfast!!

Would recommend and would definately stay again!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stopped off for a late lunch/early dinner after a tiring day. Just fancied a large sherry before eating but when I asked at the bar what sherries they had in stock the answer was none! I didn't really think it was such a strange thing to ask for but maybe I'm just old fashioned. On the plus side the food was ok: nothing to get excited about but fine if you were hungry, as we were. The pub claimed free wifi but I couldn't easily get on the network with my iPhone, and the ladies loo didn't have any paper. So definitely no better than an average recommendation I'm afraid.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

As a family we visited you and had food, it was awesome took pictures and told many friends how good it was, we kept this pub in our minds as it is very local to us. In September we decided to go again, we all had various meals my husband had the pie it was lovely but the carrots were like door wedges and hard, I had the roast pork no stuffing or apple sauce, the Yorkshire pud was hard, the meat was dry and had been heated in the microwave as I don't have gravy.The service was poor as if we were a inconvenience to them... we were not asked if everything was ok. we then went 3 weeks ago, my daughter had a steak, it was meant to come well done like heck it did... red in the middle no onion rings or any thing but plenty of salad leaves 2 pieces of tom and cuc and not a lot else, the service" what service!!!" vowed not to go back or recommend. Did go last back with girl friends last Friday carrot and orange soup £4.50
thought they couldn't get this wrong.. it was disgusting.. salty and over powered with the orange were they trying to kill the salt????, they were not busy.... the staff were rude and never came to see if we were happy... when she did come over to clear the plates, I told her about the soup she said "she would tell the chef" she didn't even apologise, I thought out of courtesy she would have come back with a reply or a apology how wrong I was.. on leaving she said "thank you see you again!!" I DONT THINK SO WAS MY REPLY.. think twice before going here...

2  Thank Margaret B