My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in mid July. I believe up until when we arrived it had been a record summer in the lakes with glorious sunshine. The night we arrived it was throwing it down and the following 5 days really helped the resevoir levels I believe! So you'd be forgiven for thinking we'd never consider returning to Kendal no matter how good the hotel. However you'd be wrong. We loved our stay at Castle Green. We were lucky enough to have a front facing room with a balcony and lovely view of rural Kendal. The room while just standard in size was adaquate and the bathroom was a good size. The presentation was very good and we felt right at home. The one difficulty we did have was the first night my wife was too hot with the fleecy like blanket on the bed, this was mostly due to the fact she was pregnant. The following day we discussed the issue with a member of the cleaning staff and they bent over backwards to find suitable bedding. This was not a one off, the level of service we had from all the staff during our stay was second to none. The service gave the hotel more of a family B&B feel than a global hotel chain. The food is another reason to stay. The buffet breakfast is very good quality and the restaurant has a wonderful view of the grounds and hills around Kendal. Other than the restaurant there is Alexanders, the pub in the grounds. I hate to admit it but we ate there everynight. There's a huge menu, a grill board and the daily specials aren't to be missed. It's a very relaxed atmosphere with extremely helpful staff, just be sure to book in advance! We got in the habit of booking the night before just to make sure. We didn't visit the health club which was a shame, but with my wife being pregnant we were about more lesureily activities. To summise, we also read the reviews on Castle Green before booking and we weren't disappointed! We would both strongly recommend Castle Green as a relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District