Made a nostalgic visit to Kendal. I lived close by the hotel 55 years ago!
I can only endorse the previous excellent reviews of the hotel. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The pub food and local beers in Alexanders were excellent as was the breakfast in the restaurant. The hotel is nicely situated with good views and ample car parking.
The rooms in the newer part were clean and comfortable but perhaps a little undersized. I would have probably liked something a bit bigger for a longer stay but fine for one night.
All together, I can thoroughly recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay in the Kendal area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District