Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection
Cragg Farm(Kendal)
  • Bar/Lounge
Burrow Hall(Kendal)
1,952 results
All reviewsgreenhouse restaurantalexanders pubtasting menuexecutive roomthe main hotelhotel groundslovely groundspool and steam roomlake districtlovely hotelhotel barbreakfast staffevening mealrelaxing breakleisure facilitieshigh standardlovely view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I stopped off here for dinner tonight. I had not booked and the hotel was very busy, however I was readily accommodated and enjoyed a first class meal. Haddock goujons were crisp and tasty and accompanied by some perfectly cooked "fat" chips. This was followed by some outstanding ginger bread and butter pudding, which was, as the late Michael Winner would have said, "Historic!".

The young staff could not have been more helpful and were unfailingly cheerful and efficient.

I live in Kendal for part of each week. This hotel has a well deserved reputation locally and it just gets better and better!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Howi58
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

High praise indeed from a Trip Advisor ‘Top Contributor’ with 536 reviews to their name!!!

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here between Xmas and new year .. Very impressed with this hotel .. Best Western group should be proud of this hotel and it's staff who were polite and welcoming .. They were very helpful and went the extra mile . Well done to you !!! Would recommend this hotel and will definitely return when in the lakes again . Thank you very much.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ju1912
Ben M, General Manager at Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your very kind words.

We are very proud to currently be ranked 10th out of the 280 Best Western hotels in the UK. What makes this even more special is that its based upon the reviews of guest who have stayed with us during the last year.

Make sure you check out our new and improved mobile and tablet adaptive online booking facility via the hotel website. You can check real time availability and prices and also be guaranteed the most competitive rates by booking online!! In addition you will receive our loyalty card which gives 10% off food.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Really friendly staff - this is northern hospitality at its best. As we were staying at the end of December, I rang to ask if warm dressing gowns were provided and was told that they would put them into our room at no extra charge. The hairdryer was strong enough to be useful and a defuser attachment was included.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

If you are looking for a little luxury why not upgrade to one of our recently refurbished Balcony rooms with views over the gardens and Kendal. You also get an enhanced hospitality tray with filter coffee and hot chocolate, mineral water, luxury toiletries, robes and slippers. All this for just £30!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I stopped here for two nights after Christmas, and had a very positive experience from beginning to end.
First of all I telephoned directly to see what availability they had, I spoke to a very helpful member of staff who listened to my requirements and as such tailored the room for me.

On arriving and through out our stay I found every member of staff helpful, polite and courteous. In fact as soon as I got out of my car a young chef who was nearby offered to carry my suitcase up some steps for me. Check in easy with out any problem.

The room was large with a fabulous kingsize bed, (never saw my husband all night! ) bathroom spotlessly clean, in short , everything I had hoped and asked for.

On the Saturday night was a wedding reception, but I never heard any noise from this all night.

We did not 'dine in' the restaurant as we had already made dining arrangements with my son, but it was very popular.

Breakfast was a buffet affair, not some thing I usually enjoy, however a chef was present at the counter to help you with any requests, which he did gladly.

In all I am amazed by some of the negative comments left on this site, as I found the whole stay to be perfect, certainly no rude, indolent, staff as some one had written.

I myself do have high standards, and I am not called 'Mrs Bucket' for nothing!!, so do not be put off this establishment, we found it to be everything it said on the tin, with fabulous staff.

Enjoy your stay

Room Tip: views at the front of the hotel are fabulous, not so good from the back
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your very positive review. Its great to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your time with us.

We are very proud to be ranked No1 hotel in Kendal on Trip Advisor with 88% of guest rating us as ‘Very Good or Excellent’ This does not happen my accident and is testament to the hard work and commitment from all the team at Castle Green.

If you are thinking of visiting the Lakes why not give us a try for yourself?!!