Stayed here recently for 3 nights, and it was fine. We paid slightly more for a balcony room, which was probably a good idea as the rooms are small, and it might've felt claustrophobic without the large balcony windows. The bathroom didn't have a bath, which was disappointing, particularly when you have been out walking for hours (in the rain) and fancy a soak. Perhaps a jacuzzi in the pool/steam room area might be a good idea?
The hotel is not central, so you are are fairly captive in the evenings, and it's not cheap to eat here. Alexander's bar doesn't really offer much in the way of bar area, as most of it is turned over to restaurant (which is pretty good, but pricey), so the evenings can seem long.
The hotel lounge is ok, but you need to avoid the evenings that they rope some poor member of staff into playing the electric organ. We stuck it out for two drinks, but eventually had to seek the sanctuary of our room.
The beds are comfortable, and we slept well.
Total bill for 3 nights, including two meals, for two people, was £590.
To be honest, I felt this was expensive and didn't really reflect vfm. Next time we visit the lakes I will look for somewhere more centrally located in the town, meaning I can eat and drink where I choose, without having to drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District