From the moment we checked into the Castle Green we felt welcomed and valued. The reception staff were excellent and set the tone for this Friday night stay. The room itself wasn't anything flash but was certainly very comfortable and had everything you needed (including free wifi).
Both of us had a great nights sleep and arrived at breakfast in good spirits. Here, the excellent service continued as we were seated at a window table with views over the hills. Top quality produce served hot and fresh - just as it should be.
The only reason this isn't a five star review is a) it is located a good 20 minute walk outside town and b) I feel the price for the room was on the top side. Of course, I knew both of these things before we stayed but do feel them relevant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District