this is a very busy hotel with large gardens just outside kendal.it is trying for 4 star status which reflects on the prices but you get quality here.the reception staff were very friendly and booked us in quickly.we were given a room suitable for disabled people and it was massive and had a large sparkling bathroom with thick white fluffy towels.there is a leisure centre on the ground floor with a warm pool,steam room and a gym which all looked new as it had been refurbished recently.the leisure centre is accessed by a lift.it did not seem very busy in the centre for how large the hotel is.the greenhouse restaurant was expensive but we ate in there for breakfast.for our meals we used the pub alexanders which is in the grounds of the hotel.they have a main menu and a specials board and the prices are reasonable.we could not say anything bad about the hotel.towels for the pool and gym are provided by the leisure centre if you are resident.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castle Green Hotel in Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District