We were looking for an overnight stop in the Lake District and our faith in Best Western led us to book Castle Green on the outskirts of Kendal. Its hillside location is impressive and it was happily one of these stops where everything from reception to departure clicked into place with perfection. Reception staff could not have been more friendly and efficient and our room was spacious and clean with a magnificent view across the Fells. Having our evening meal served in the splendid Dining Room but from the pub menu neatly illustrates the flexibility on offer throughout our visit. Without exception the management and staff were keen to be friendly, helpful and efficient - being unusually well informed and also very well trained/encouraged to communicate with guests. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Independent, family-run four star hotel situated in 14 acres of gardens & woodland, 5 miles from the M6 & 8 miles from Windermere. Extensive conference & banqueting facilities, recently refurbished 2AA Rosette restaurant, Westmorland Pub in the grounds, health & fitness club and 99 bedrooms including four executive, seven balcony and three family rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kendal
- Hotel Castle Green Kendal
- Kendal Best Western
- Castle Green Hotel In Kendal, BW Premier Collection Lake District